Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I opened this topic hopin to get some info on the swap. I have a 92 hynudia excel 3 door that i paid $200 for and it was in grand condition. But bein lead footed like i am in a slow car i blow the motor and trans.

know to the tech stuff, i know that the diamond star motor 2.0 twin cam turbo found in eclispe, laser, and talons can fit in an excel. i know that in a 3 door theres less room to find a proper place for the intercool so much ppl cut the hood and mount it there.

what i dont know is if its a bolt on convertion, if the axles are interchangable or if spercial measure are needed to put the 200 hp to the floor.

i already have motor, trans, wiring hareness, ecu, intercooler, and axles ready 4 surgery. i paid $600 for everything. im hopin to keep this sleeper cost under $1000 total (an affordable lost if i blow the motor cuz thats what dsm motors do 2nd best)

if ne one has info on this swap please contact me at [email protected] or leave a reply

·
Registered
13 Posts
you neeed the 4g63 drive axel and the 4g15 passenger side axel or the 4g61t pass axel and they can handle ALOT of hp so no worries

[Edited by pookers on Sep 27, 2004 10:44 PM]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts