Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im turboing my excel and from what i can see i need to
get a dohc ecu and have it remaped would be a cheap yet affective solution..
how hard are they to come buy..how do you know wich is dohc and sohc..
i have a 95model single cam excel would that be sohc or dohc...
thanks guys it should be boosted in the next 2months..
im doing a stock rebuild tho but from what ive read and hud i should be able to run between 5 and 10 psi saftly on stock internals..
i have bigger injectors, rising rate fuel regulator,bigger fuel pump,
2.5inch zorst..they say thats enought to run that psi saftly as long as the engine is rebuilt...
i also need to know whats a map bar sensor i need to get a bigger one

thanks guys

·
Registered
686 Posts
SOHC = Single Overhead Cams
DOHC = Dual Overhead Cams

if you have a
95model single cam excel
then you have a SOHC

also i think the car you have has a MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor, not a MAP (Manifold Air Pressure) sensor

·
Registered
53 Posts
Mate, this question is aimed at you and all the fellow turbo people out there... Im interested to know why you dont spend the few extra dollars to put forged internals in your car. Depending on the brand you can get a set for about $800 thats pistons and rods and rings and thats in Australia so id hate to think how cheapthey would be in USA. Send your crankshaft to get nitrided then you can run about 15PSI.

Where do you get the factory computer remapped, Seoulful racing in korea? Because the Australian community didnt know you could get the remapped. Why not run something like and EMS or microtech. You would still be running your 5-10PSI on stock internals, however you can completly tune your motor 100% and get the most out of it.

Cheers Ryan

1 - 3 of 3 Posts