Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find any information about this.

is there a difference between the GLX (5 door) window regulator and the GX (3 door) regulator?

Also if anyone has a guide or tutorial on how to install the powered windows, that would be awesome.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve looked everywhere and can’t find any information about this.

is there a difference between the GLX (5 door) window regulator and the GX (3 door) regulator?

Also if anyone has a guide or tutorial on how to install the powered windows, that would be awesome.
I had put power windows into my first Accent x3, but we never had them here as an option. Seeing as you referred it it as an Excel I'm guessing your in Australia and I believe you guys did have that option there.

I used a motor and cable from either an Elantra or s-coupe (dont 100% remeber) with power windows and the rail itself from the x3. If so than it should be fairly straight forward, 4-6 bolts hold the rail in plus 2 or 3 more for the motor. if your car has the wiring than that should be simple just plug and play or if not you'll have to figure out the wiring and get power to it.

Hope that helps a bit

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had put power windows into my first Accent x3, but we never had them here as an option. Seeing as you referred it it as an Excel I'm guessing your in Australia and I believe you guys did have that option there.

I used a motor and cable from either an Elantra or s-coupe (dont 100% remeber) with power windows and the rail itself from the x3. If so than it should be fairly straight forward, 4-6 bolts hold the rail in plus 2 or 3 more for the motor. if your car has the wiring than that should be simple just plug and play or if not you'll have to figure out the wiring and get power to it.

Hope that helps a bit
Thanks, this helps a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts