Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is an auto 01 tib. When around 3k it seems as the engine gets really rough and creates enough vibration to vibrate the passenger side door. I was wondering if this is normal. The car doesn't miss nor does the trans slip or anything when this happens. At is only at 3K and a little above but then it goes away once it passes about 3200rpm. I changed the plugs recently and oil. Air filter is still good. I have no idea what could be causing this. I wonder if its the trans because sometimes when I turn on the car it whines really loud for a min. Any input pleeze!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm assuming its pretty common. I have a 00 5-Spd and my mirror vibrates around 3000. There was a post no too long ago about it too. I doubt its anything that you need to worry about. Its just annoying sometimes. Kinda like when you have the window half way down and you close the door. It looks and sounds like the glass is going to crack in half.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
I think its normal, my whole freaking car shakes at 3k. Specailly off the gas, cant see outta the mirror also. Its only annoying when im on the freeway, since 3k is roughly 60 mph, cant see behind me.

But i figured it out, really stiff exhaust mounts. So yep, just a Beta thing i guess.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah but it just kind of seems more than that. I mean the engine seems to be rough in that range and then start to smooth out as it whines out. However it doesn't do it when I floor the gas. Just when moderatly driving.

Mods: if you could move this to maint/help section.

·
Registered
312 Posts
i had that noise, and i just got my timing belt replaced and now the noise is gone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts