Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the life of me I cannot find an affordable catback system for my 01' tibby. I've looked high and low for a system under $400 and cant find any anywhere. Anybody have some links they could point me in the right direction>? Sharkracing is too expensive for my blood. Besides this is a daily driver...not a show car,not a racer. I'm just looking to upgrade my leaky manifold with some headers and a performance catback. Already got the intake, irridium plugs, new brakes around,exhaust system is next on the list. On an somewhat unrelated note: Has anyone noticed since the crack made in Tokyo Drift about Hyundai's its been difficult to find parts???? seems like the aftermarket straight up disapeared! Not like I'm trying to mod an accent...This is a TIBURON!:eek:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Try this...

ok... yeah I heard the crack about the Hyundai's in Toyko Drift... it was something along the lines of "what you think i'm going to let you roll around in a Hyundai"... but on that exhaust note I have a 2.5 inch exhaust on my car right now and i bought it from SSAUTOCHROME.COM you should check them out and let me know what you think, later

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yeah everyone cracks on my tibby just because its a Hyundai, and not some Jap car like every else has.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
I purchased a Magnaflow 2.5" oval muffler along with some 2.5" mandrel bends from Summit Racing - High Performance Car and Truck Parts | 800-230-3030 and brought them to a local muffler shop that TIG welds. Paid $60 for the muffler and $80 for the bends. Paid the shop $150 for the labor and straight pipe. That's $290 total and it didn't "buzz" like a Civic.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Same thing with me. I'm running a 2k tibby and everyone one talks **** and when you call em out they come up with some lame ass reason why they can't race! I mean hey if my car is so shitty they it shouldn't be a problem to show me up. I mean a cai, headers, short shifter, drilled and slotted rotors is all I have for now but I have only lost a few races and it was against things that probably run 11's-13's on the quater. I aint gonna lie, I've never lost to a honda, acura, ford, chevy, dodge, toyota etc.... I've lost to a lexus is300, an sti, a firebird and a few others but **** if I don't win I give em a good run for their money... considering that I have a 4cyl. That's the way I see it.... what chu guys think...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts