Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay ! so my Beta is finally up and running after...too long.

Anyways, now I need to get an exhaust for it and the guy at the shop was asking me a bunch of questions about what type of muffler I wanted, what type of tip I want, what sound I want, etc...and I really don't have a clue on exhaust.

you guys have any feedback that would be great

·
Registered
435 Posts
stop what the **** your doing. dont ask people for opinions on what you should get because they like. it just pepetuates the same **** over and over again making the scene stagnant. do what you like. go on youtube or streetfire and check out a bunch of clips of guys that did their exhausts and judge from there. muffler to muffler, you wont notice a differance between the $50 one or the $250 one...

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
okay, i was just wondering if there's a difference between anything apart from looks and sound. like if one brand of muffler is better, etc...

thanks, or something like that

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Congrats on getting it up and running! I've got a fair amount of experience with exhaust. Do you know what you want? Loudness level? Tone? Anything in particular that you like or dislike? Are you running a header? Are you looking for max possible power or a good compromise between power and sound? What would you like it to look like?

Here are a few examples for you to listen to:

My Accent on the dyno:
YouTube - 187sks Accent NWKT Dyno Day 032208

My Accent racing:
YouTube - Accent AutoX Packwood NWR SCCA #4

wilburisthecoolest and me tray sliding:
YouTube - Hyundai Tray Sliding

Several people passing me on the highway. The Blue Tib is Sharkrocket and he has a Beta and a Magnaflow catback:
YouTube - Golf and Tiburon passes X-Culture 2008 Season Opener

I have a 4-2-1 header, CarSound hi-flow cat, 2.5" downpipe, a flex pipe, a resonator, a 2.25" crush bent over axle section, and a knockoff of the Apexi N1 canister muffler.

If I remember right in the video Wilbur had a header, a twister muffler as a resonator, a knockoff of the Flowmaster 40 series, and a section of exhaust for a tail pipe. I can find out if that's true though if you want.

I also have a bunch of dynos and other car clips on my Youtube channel and I can get you specs from anything you hear there pretty much as they're all local people I know.
YouTube - 187sks's Channel

·
Registered
435 Posts
didnt mean to sound like a dick but you got all these dudes on here doing the same thing, intake, header, exhaust, wires... thats it. who's pulled their head and ported it? new pistons? who's got boost? it gets annoying and old when for like a year its the same 2 questions... what intake should i get? what exhaust shouold i get?

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
didnt mean to sound like a dick but you got all these dudes on here doing the same thing, intake, header, exhaust, wires... thats it. who's pulled their head and ported it? new pistons? who's got boost? it gets annoying and old when for like a year its the same 2 questions... what intake should i get? what exhaust shouold i get?
Obviously there will be less people doing the more in-depth mods...it's more expensive and more difficult with more chance of something going wrong...as you found out. That's not just Hyundais, it's every kind of car.

·
Banned
1,112 Posts
as far as price goes there is a difference.... i got a muffler and so did my friend- he got a cheapo 50 buck small one that sounded like the average honda were as on my car i got a $150 muffler with a slightly bigger inlet and outlet i dont know how to explain it but my 1.5 sohc has a deep throaty sound no rice wutso ever- i wish i had a camera... but anyways go for a slightly larger muffler and pay the extra buck and you willl be happy- go cheap and have a little dinky thing comeing out of your bumper- muffler size is kinda like dick size there is length girth and all that stuff... so for me being a *big man* i got the muffler to suit my individuality.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've never heard of an exhaust bearing a likeness to a dick haha.

I opted for a larger muffler, but nothing too loud and then we decided to curve the exhaust down so it's tucked behind the bumper. I hate when I see people with aftermarket exhaust that stains their bumpers black from carbon buildup.

Should be ready for me to take home Friday or Monday. I'll post vids.

·
Registered
82 Posts
well, since the topic is here. I have been considering a mugen twin loop (knockoff of course, don't wanna spend crazy money on just a muffler) and wanted to know if you guys had any personal experiences with the sound/performance etc. I'm looking to get 2.5" inlet/outlet or maybe a 3" outlet but I want to keep the sound low. Also, I have decided on a Magnaflow metallic Cat which will go along w/ the muffler obviously.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts