Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started wearing contacts (soft lens) starting last monday, and so far things have been fine except for my eyes keep drying out shortly after I put them in. They're fine and perfectly comfortable for about 2-3 hours but gradually my eyes just get really dry. Eye drops or even simply splashing water on my face around the eyes seems to help... for maybe an hour and they dry out again. Got any ideas for a more permanent solution? As far as I can tell I'm drinking enough water, so I dont think thats it.

For the first week, I used regular run of the mill soft lenses. I'm using a trial pair the "night and day" lenses, supposed to have the highest breathing rate of any other lens on the market, and its been a little better since I started using them yesterday.

Any ideas? Not trying to look high or hung over all of the time... Thanks...

·
Registered
6,806 Posts
I've been wearing contacts for about six years now, and just within the last few months, my eyes became really sensitive to how much oxygen they get and started going really red on me when I wore my lenses. I wear better breathing ones now and have no problems, but I think my eyes are more sensitive now overall. You might be one of those people whose eyes don't like contacts.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
Possibly you are one of the few contacts don't work for. It may just take some time for your eyes to get use to wearing them. Here's a link to a product that may help.

http://www.eye-cept.com/html/test.html

1 - 3 of 3 Posts