Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wow theres been alot of post on this subject.

Hi,
I just bought a 96 accent sohc in canada. im trying to wire a tach but none of my wires match anything mentioned in the ten thousand posts ive read or even the schematics on the hyundai help site thing. first off, on the hmaservice site the pinout diagram for the ecu doesnt match the colours on my accent. it says the sixth pin is the rpm signal to the tcm and that it is lite green/yellow....i read the link to the australian DIY webpage and it sayd its supposed to be brown or something...well mine is thick black! ive also heard pin 47, which according to hmaservice is intake air temp. ive tried every wire on the back of the cluster and none work. did they change the wiring colours from year to year or is mine just inbred? PLEASE HELP ME!!!!

[Edited by incubus_boader on Dec 19, 2005 10:59 AM]

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
are you sure your counting the right row? I grabbed this from a website:

Once you have located the ECU, you will need to unplug the ECU connector from it. As a precaution you should disconnect the battery. There is a silver swinging bracket that secures it tightly. Pull the bracket down and to the right to release the connector, you will then need to pull the right side down first to remove the connector.

You can remove the black plastic cover by removing the single screw. Now to the IMPORTANT part, if you get this wrong, who knows what you may stuff up. Looking at the ECU connector, with the plug side facing you, count 6 pins from the right on the TOP ROW. The top row contains 19 pins, where as the other two rows have 18 pins each. Now you should check the wire colour of this pin you have just counted. The colour should be as follows:

Single Cam - thin white wire
Twin Cam - thin brown with a white stripe wire

credit: http://www.geocities.com/hyundaixl2000/

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup, i pulled the whole thing down and removed all the plastic...i even went one step frther and totally removed the wirng harness bracket. ill take a pic of my harness tommorow and show what im talking about

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope i just checked and even looking at it the other way the colours of the wires dont match the colours in the DIY page or the hma service site. does anybody know why????

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Use this picture to make sure your counting right :
http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=44957

In that thread its shows the haness. You could also try tapping into the white wire running to the back of the instrument cluster which should also be a tach signal wire.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there is no white wire behind the dash...the only white wire is no. 28 on the ecm harness, reading it as the wires are coming out at you...which according to hma site is supposed to be orange and the ho2 sensor input. No matter which way you look at the harness the colours on the harness dont match what they are supposed to be on the hma service site. does anybody no why?

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

so heres apic of the only white wire circled in red, its next to a red and white wire. sorry the quality sucks but all i have is a cell phone camera

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Okay I got it. On your car the RPM wire is pin #52, now go fit that tach!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
just got home from the movies after failing earlier, its 2:00 am.i'll try this wire tommorow. im assuming its using the pinout you provided in the link. in the pinout provided for the 98, it says its the coil signal for cylinders 2 and 3. Is this the same for my car? and if so im only going to get half the necasasary signal correct? I'll post to let you know the results. Just wondering, but how did you figure out which one it is? ive looked everywhere and found nothing definitive. thanks for your help!

[Edited by incubus_boader on Dec 27, 2005 11:15 PM]

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I pulled it off webtech.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts