Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know what size/type the foglight bulbs are on an 05 accent gt. Im half tempted to crawl under the car and look but its been raining lately and my mom hogs the garage. Im lookin to replace the bulbs with brighter ones because it looks goofy with white headlights and slightly yellow fogs.:ermm:

·
Registered
313 Posts
you'll have much better visibility w the slightly yellow lights, yellow cuts through the fog, basically giving them the name "fog lights". any "fog light" that isn't yellowish, isn't really a fog light, more of a driving light, not to be confused with headlight... do you want fog lights (what we need in this area) or driving lights?

·
Registered
311 Posts
The 2001 is a H27 27watt bulb(prolly why they aren't bright) and many of the other hyundais use the same globe.
If yours ARE H27's,then you're not going to find much at all,they're wierd. I have to get mine in australia from GM dealers(they use em in a luxo sedan you don't get in the US-think new GTO but stretched and boring,similar motor)

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bump.

·
Registered
646 Posts
When I was searching for bulbs for my stock foglight housings, I found that they are 881 bulbs. I think 893 fits too but they are higher wattage (37.5W or something) and have heard of people melting their wiring using them. Don't go over the stock 27W. There are white, blue, purple and yellow 881 bulbs on ebay for about $24 a set.

I looked at the foglight pictures on webtech for the 2005 LC and the illustration looked like it used the same bulbs. But I can't be sure 100%, but I'm still pretty confident they use the same bulbs as my 2001.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
yup they do. same bulbs, just different mountings and lenses.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
also the stock factory fog is really crappy plastic, so anything higher than stock would probably start melting harnesses or the plastic front of the fog light.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Your gt comes with foglights, if you want to change the bulbs you have to twist the bulbs out from the fog lights and then take them to a local parts store inorder to find the bulbs you need. As far as I know, I havent found any aftermarket bulbs only oem bulbs

·
Registered
26 Posts
do the 2005 gt fogs fit the 4 door also? if so i may just have them installed.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Yes and no. To get the LC2 GT's foglights to mount in the GL (4-door), you have to cut out the little circular baffle-type thing that is in each of the foglight's mounting holes. The screw holes on the inside of the bumper to actually mount the foglight are there, and if you search around the underside of the bumper/engine bay long enough you'll find the wiring harnesses.

Also, other than the actual foglight assemblies, you will need to get the stock foglight dash button (mounts to the right of the Hazard light button; a basic automotive light switch would work also, mounted somewhere else), the foglight relay and the correct amperage fuse for the engine bay fuse/relay box, and the correct amperage fuse for the cabin fuse box.

I looked into doing this myself a while ago, and the factory foglights are pretty expensive...around $60 U.S. each if I remember right.

[Edited by attist178 on Feb 15, 2006 12:59 PM]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts