Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!

I am from India. About to buy a pre-owned Sonata 2.7L V6 (EF2). I am used to manual transmission & the car in v6 form comes only with auto. Having driven the vehicle, i find the power of the car is superb save for the shift timings. That is DISMAL to say the least.

So, my question: Can the timings of the shifts be improved? Even in the shiftronic mode it takes time!

Please HELP!!!!!:confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
i am in the same position as you. im not to sure realy, the clutch in the auto might need to be improved im not too sure but ill be sure to follow this thread.

·
Registered
18 Posts
is there a separate computer that controls the auto that can be improved or tuned ? or does the ECU do this ?

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
well, i know with the tiburon its controlled via the ecu. i know that redline, and what not can be changed via that way. the only ones that would be able to tell you for sure would be the korean tuners. i can ask around, but like i said, its not going to be worth it to you. it will cost at least 800-1000 for a reflash if that is what is needed

·
Registered
18 Posts
oh so it is possible to get it tuned so instead of it changing automaticly in shift tronic at like 5000rpm it will do it at redline ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts