Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
200 KM/h in a Pony, 175 KM/h in a stellar (could easily hit 240+ given a big straightaway)

what are your governors set to? :D

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Firebird is electronically limited to 163mph, or 262kph. I haven't taken it up to that speed though, the fastest I've had it up to was about 135mph or 217kph. It could hit 163mph easily though.

You get video proof of hitting 240kph in the Stellar (including GPS speed reading) and I'll send you $20. I don't think it's possible.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
In the Accent I did 126 (indicated and GPS) very slightly uphill with 3 people in it loaded down for vacation. It took me probably 3 miles+ of straight road to hit that speed, but it did.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
krazymikeyGT said:
tail wind, and a nice hill.......
I really don't think there was a tailwind on that hill. It was too low and in the middle of other hills. It just took a heavy foot, light car, and crazy driver.:D

I think I coulda got a nother 5mph outta it with a bigger hill and a suspension that wasn't toasted.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
That pic DID say 124.:)

But that's why I also said I wasn't sure if it was the right pic. I was trying to post a photobucket pic from work while photobucket was blocked by my work proxy. So I had to guess which pic I was posting.;)

ETA: Today my GPS told me that I'm doing 62 @ 60 indicated. I wonder if that ratio works at higher speeds?:cool:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had my 1997 bone stock DOHC accent up to 105 (downhill with the wind blowing hard in my direction) terrifying since it had no tach

I haven't pushed my tib to red line in fifth gear yet though

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I'm mot sure but i think accents can only really go to 130 TOPS on a very good day wind blowing in from behind and going downhill...even turboed I can barely make it past 125.

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
I have no governor. :D Apparently I've hit 275 down most front straights, and on small tracks 148km/h when I can't shift to 5th just yet. Theoretically, if I can up the rev limiter to 8000 I'll make it to 313km/h.:D Unfortunately I'll need new valve springs AGAIN to do that as 8,000 is where the current ones top out(no safety margin, and I run a safety margin of 1000 revs on these particular bits)

Done on the track of course; its the only place where you can hit that kind of speed side-by-side with someone else then go straight into a braking battle.:D

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Hit 149 MPH by GPS (my speedo only goes to 120..lol) a few weeks ago. That was scary. But so much fun. :D My subs were out of the car, as was the back seat. I was bouncing off the rev limiter (only 6200 RPM...haha), but I could tell it wanted to keep pulling a bit longer, maybe 2 or 3 more MPH.

I hate only having 4 gears. :mad:

But yeah, the stock limiter was at 108...which sucked, because the car definitely pulls way after that. Thank God it's gone.;)

·
Registered
301 Posts
i didnt know they drove on the left-hand side of the road in washington... juuust kidding, very nice speed though. without a full tank of gas you probably could have managed a higher speed (130-135 maybe? on a 1/4 or less tank of gas?).

ive only had my tib up to ~135 when it was stock, governed i suppose. i havent tried to take it further since. i get up to 110 real well, but i have a sneaking suspicion (info found on here), that i wouldnt be able to hit anything over 135mp/h

1 - 20 of 29 Posts