Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know what are some times (1/4mile) that you or other's hit down the track with a Elantra? or any other Hyundai (STREET CAR)

I seen so far that the Fastest Hyundai Elantra till date is 12.8 (Canada)

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
The post I made about the APE drag car, I guess sounds wrong. Its a street car. So the fastest street car to date is 11.1 sec 1/4 mile time. He has to retain stock windows, no wheelie bar, no tube frame chassis. He just pulled out a ton of OEM weight, and built the crap outta the Beta II in there. So that would be the fastest 3rd Gen Tiburon, but I do wonder what other times are the fastest, like La Pulga ran 8's no? Or mid 9's or something? That was south america though.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Originally posted by Blacktibs
[body]
The post I made about the APE drag car, I guess sounds wrong. Its a street car. So the fastest street car to date is 11.1 sec 1/4 mile time. He has to retain stock windows, no wheelie bar, no tube frame chassis. He just pulled out a ton of OEM weight, and built the crap outta the Beta II in there. So that would be the fastest 3rd Gen Tiburon, but I do wonder what other times are the fastest, like La Pulga ran 8's no? Or mid 9's or something? That was south america though.
[/body]
was he turbo or na ??? if is turbo i wonder what his setup is ??

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
More and likely turbo, the fastest na tiburon I have seen was in korea and it was running low to mid 12's.

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Originally posted by anthonyfa18
[body]
Originally posted by Blacktibs
[body]
[/body]
was he turbo or na ??? if is turbo i wonder what his setup is ??
[/body]
http://www.dragtimes.com/Hyundai-Accent-Timeslip-5991.html
And guess what...it's a daily driver, and it uses a stock Hyundai 4-speed automatic.
He was in Puerto Rico...that's kinda in the U.S...right? ;):

Another article (although it's pretty outdated...it's about his first car):
http://www.superstreetonline.com/featuredvehicles/custom_1995_hyundai_accent_import_car/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts