Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Doc I was wondering if you had a few good sites that I can look up febrile seizures. My 15 month old son has suffered from 2 in the last 4 months (2 diff times). They were from High fevers. Both i had no clue he was sick. He was running around with his sister, very active and vocal and no change in appatite. All of a sudden spiked a fever of 104+ and a fever of 102+. Took him to the ER and I dont feel that my questions have been answered fully by both the ER Doc and the follow-up Doc. If you are familiar with these seizures please let me know. Obviously I knew what to do because I have worked in healthcare but I worked with adults and they were not my own child, so it was very scary!!!! I am concerned about the future such as will it happen again, possible epilepsy, ect. I tried asking the Doc these questions but he had a very thick chinese accent that was hard to understand. Thanks for the help. Greatly appriciated.

·
Registered
5,558 Posts
I know in my EMT class we were taught for pre-hospital care of febrile seizures. Common between 6 months and 3 years at the latest. While, commonly non-life threatening, in the pre-hospital setting we rush them to the ER to make sure there is no other disorder or problems present.

There is lots of great information if you google search.

·
Registered
734 Posts
The seizure is caused by the rate at which the fever rises, if i recall correctly. The actually do little harm, and most children who are prone to getting them outgrow it.
They are fairly common. My son has gotten them on more than one occassion. I was told he would outgrow them by age 5, and that I can take him to the ER every time, but sine by now, I know it is merely a fever induced seizure, to just watch him until it is over and make sure he comes down from the fever. I have also been told that as soon as I suspect a fever to give him something to bring it down.

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
I think you'll like the information

http://www.drgreene.com/21_28.html

Hope that helps. I'm glad you are a concerned parent as most parents are. Keep up the good work.

Have a Merry Christmas!

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the replys and my questions have been answered. Thanks alot and Merry Christmas to you all as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts