Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
turbo type is a 14b
engine type is a 1.6l DOHC ALPHA 1

1. how much psi can an LC handle with stock ingectors on a FPR?

2. when swapping out auto alpha trany and axel to auto beta trany and axel, will all connections and mounts fit without moddifacation?

·
Registered
125 Posts
turbo type is a 14b
engine type is a 1.6l DOHC ALPHA 1

1. how much psi can an LC handle with stock ingectors on a FPR?

2. when swapping out auto alpha tranny and axel to auto beta trany and axel, will all connections and mounts fit without moddifacation?
To answer your first question, maybe 2 to 3 lbs. I just went through this with my boosted LC. Anything near 4 lbs @ 3000 rpm and you are getting into dangerously lean conditions (18:1!). A FPR will not increase the maximum amount of fuel your stock 17 lb/hr injectors can pump out. You will NEED larger injectors and some form of fuel management piggyback or standalone engine management. I have installed, well my friend did, 38 lb/hr injectors and looking for bigger! I will soon have an Apexi SAFC Neo for sale as my build is quickly outgrowing its capabilities.
As for the second question, I will let the experts here answer...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have an AFC Neo already installed.
I ask because my friend was able to safely tune his civic up to 12psi on a 14b turbo with the use of a SAFC II and a FPR (stock injectors).

if i remember correctly I thought you were running a t3/t4 turbo, and that is a lot bigger then the 14b.
7psi is kinda different between bigger and smaller turbos.

somebody had a thread with exact numbers but i cant find the post thats why I ask.

if I get new injectors I will get srt-4 injectors work my tranny and boost 12psi.

less money invested into the motor the better tho because I'm going beta swap turbo it once the Genesis coop comes out.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok found the FPR info

well you can go up to 14psi on stock 10:3:1 Comp and stock MAF Sensor, meny have im at 12psi going strong for 1year now ,know problems but it takes lots of fueling to do so. After 14psi you will need somthing to controll timing and a biger MAF Sensor. you dont wont to go over 6psi with stock fuel, A FPR will be good for now. but with that high compretion you need more fuel then a low comp engine to keep from predetonation, and melting a piston.
luckily with a 14b it can take about 14psi before piston and rods give way. :D

I will try to find more info on tranny and axel stuff so we wont need to worry about that at 9psi.

·
Registered
435 Posts
pistons only give way on bad timing on boost...:D
your rods will last you a while, trust me

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sweet good thing I am planning on getting it retimed with the tune :D

so if I wanted to I can boost a bit over 14 psi on stock internals.
(so Im getting)

·
Registered
435 Posts
just make sure you can control and moniter your ignition timing! i am pretty sure thats why mine grenaded. the emanage never seen boost so it beleived it was n/a and added timing... thus boom and parts in the pan

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ouch that sounds like a bad time. I dont think the AFC neo changes timing but i have a timing gun so I will check.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah I belive I read through it a couple hundered times.

did you ever get it fixed?

I live in the valley and I work for hyundai so I can get a deal on some parts if you need.

yeah once I build enough money the beta turbo project will be cake with the genesis coupe out.

·
Registered
435 Posts
i usually get decent deals on stuff, what can you hook me up with parts wise? i have mostly everything i beleive. i wanna replace things out of precaution cuz i dunno what went through them..

waterpump
oil pump
timing belt kit

and i think thats about it, i'll proly find more when i start putting it all back together. let me kno wat kind of pricing wiht shipping you can get cuz that would be a huge huge help. being a college kid wiht little cash sucks lol

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im just a dealer in the valley I was telling you just incase you need hyundai specific parts. I can get you anything found in the car price is depending on item and the bigger the more it will cost.

·
Registered
435 Posts
i have seen a couple accents with a spoiler on the rear window right behind the roof. can you get me one of those? i have asked around and cant find one here

·
Registered
232 Posts
ya ok pistons go out becouse of too much timming or too much boost rods go out becouse of to much horsepower so you could actually blow your motor at 150hp becouse you might run it at 20psi to acheive that hp. becouse of the small size of the turbo that is why it is good to decide what kind of hp. you want to acheive and then get a turbo that wil achieve that hp at the maximum boost that the engine can handle. as far as timming you should tune it conservativly for pump gas and aggresivly for race gas I think. so basically if you tune right you can make lots of hp safely. I have plenty of friends running bigger turbos than neccesary so that they could make 400hp plus running less boost than normally required to make that hp and running rich and less timming than neccesary to keep the engine safe at that daily driver range. the only thing that sucks is turbo lag but with a ballbearing turbo its ok.. also afc neo doesnt tune timming and doesnt read boost and adjust fuel accordingly.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I can ask my friends in the parts department but if its a hyundai part Im sure I can get some, might as well get one myself.

thanks for the information that extremly good to know. and now Im glad I have an AFC Neo, wide band a/f guage, and a timing gun :D
if I get bored with the 14b I might switch to 16g or 20g. I love interchagable turboes.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what year accent do you have?

·
Registered
435 Posts
2003 1.6 manual trans

hey hyundaiturbo14b , too much ignition can breaks rods too, if the ignition to too advanced

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
ok that part is available, but my employee discount plus shipping to u would probly add up to 425. I think if u realy want a feature not many people have go for it and pm me. as for me its out of my price range. rather save up for a sun roof

·
Registered
435 Posts
damn thats out of my price range for now too, biulding a motor plus college equals no money

·
Registered
232 Posts
wow u did 155 hp with a 14b thats cool becouse about 3-1/2 years ago when I had the same setup as you I did 136hp 136 tq at 5psi 14b's are cool you could interchange them with 16g evo16g you could send it out to get a 14b exhoust side and 18 or 20g compressor side its really cool and a 16g will make over 300hp on dsm's trust me I know. so ya cool man.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts