Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my sick division front lip is in pieces, is possible i can fiberglass it backtogether and it still look half decent?

·
Registered
886 Posts
Everything is possible it would probably take a lot of work. Is that front lip fiberglass or urethane? I would need to see pics to guess how bad it is start by sanding all the paint off then put it togehter like a puzzle then lay glass over it and sand, repeat until it looks nice and is strong.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
That should be fairly easy to do

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its fiberglass, what materials do you suggest? i was gonna pickup some fiberglass resin and hardner and fiberglass mat, also some bondo or some fiberglass filler

Im not sure how i should piece everything backtogether i was thinknig of using epoxy and some hard material to keep it together then lay fiberglass over it

·
Registered
466 Posts
Yeah thats a good idea. Try some resin, hardener and some 225gm chop mat fibreglass. Its pretty good and flexible while working with it but a few layers will make it nice and strong.

Make sure you sand it right back to the glass before starting though. Fibreglass and resin will not stick to any type of stickytape or anything of that sort.

Good luck and make sure you sand it real well. Spray it with some primer to see if it is smooth enough. You'll soon see if its good enough.

--Aaron--

1 - 5 of 5 Posts