Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as most of the people here know, my 97 Tib has had some major problems as of late!! the main one being the fuel problem...replaced the fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, fuel filter and both o2 sensors and i was still having issues and missing about half my horsepower!! well i want to inform everyone that i got some money saved up and dropped it off friday before heading outta town with Wilbur for a wedding so i am driving a loaner van which is a chrysler minivan (it sucks, but does the job)

well hopefully ill hear back soon as to what the problem is and how much its gonna cost...we're thinking not too expensive since we know its a fuel problem and have replaced almost everything!!:D

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YAY!!!!! I got my car fixed, and it runs like new...it finally has torque again and peels out when you leave~~said in a sing-song voice!! LOL!!:D:D:D

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Awesome. It's too bad it took so long to get it figured out. Hindsight is 20-20 though.

Congrats on doubling your power!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah but i dont think it was really a bad thing...all the stuff we replaced (fuel pump, o2 sensors etc.) were all factory and needed replacing anyways!

the cel did come on again but we kinda wanted it to to see what other codes it was throwing but it runs great...i cant wait till the next dyno day to see the improvements

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LOL!! sorry busy but we still dont know that...it still throws a CEL and we havent put it back on the dyno yet!

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
turns out it was a clogged cat...very badly clogged LOL!! it was factory so it needed replacing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts