Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
these are the manifolds I am making they are going for 300$ and are made to fit any car and any turbo. this one is for a 1.6 hyundai accent and is for a 14b tdo5h with external wastegate. if anyone is interested let me know and ill give you my phone number so we could talk also let me know what you think...

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
What's the thickness on those flanges?:confused:

·
Registered
7,256 Posts
1/4" inch but im going to make them thicker
Please do. 10mm is recommended as well as slotting the flange between the ports. Helps in the longevity of this part.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
One for the Alpha?

why did you decide to go Log style and not tubular?
Too flashy, hard to convince some one its stock when it doesnt even look like it could be stock. Plus the 1.6 would never be boosting anything past 14psi and a log style is much more reliable and easier to make. Although you would gain a lot in the top end with a tubular.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
plus they are more expensive to make the 1.6 guys are looking for a cheaper solution to manifolds becouse they are just hard to find for the 2.0 ya easy but not for the 1.6 and I dont see anyone really fully building thier 1.6 at that point they just go 2.0 this manifold is a street manifold small and stealthy. and you cant beat the price.

·
Registered
502 Posts
super interested but I need a job before i spend money I don't have :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
Are you guys seriously asking for thicker flanges, tubular runners, etc? The guy is home brewing log manifolds for $300, cut him a break. It looks damn nice for what I'd imagine he has to work with. Let's be realistic. These aren't going on 600whp builds, they're probably not even going on setups capable of 200whp with low boost on a stock 1G DSM turbo. This is more than sufficient for the intended use so give him some props for making some fun affordable :) Nice work man!

Tom

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
hey thanx man, I see you have a colt damn thats cool most people dont even know what that is but man my wife has a original turbo mirage with a 4g63 waiting to go in and you should probably know how rare the turbo version is. props to your cars...and oh ya I have them tig welded at a shop and I use a mill and band saw to cut the head flange and the other flanges becouse I cant order those head flanges becouse nobody makes them these are not hondas. so ya its alot of work but if you guys dont like it hey go right ahead and try to find your own 1.6 manifold for that price..

·
Registered
69 Posts
hey thanx man, I see you have a colt damn thats cool most people dont even know what that is but man my wife has a original turbo mirage with a 4g63 waiting to go in and you should probably know how rare the turbo version is. props to your cars...and oh ya I have them tig welded at a shop and I use a mill and band saw to cut the head flange and the other flanges becouse I cant order those head flanges becouse nobody makes them these are not hondas. so ya its alot of work but if you guys dont like it hey go right ahead and try to find your own 1.6 manifold for that price..
No problem! If your wife ever decides she wants to part with that let me know. CA isn't too far of a drive for a rare car, I've done it before :) I'm going to have our shop team build me a tubular manifold for my Excel that is getting a "new" used longblock and I'll be happy to show you what utter and complete turbo manifold excess looks like, lol. It'd work on a 1000whp setup and probably won't ever see 300whp, I just want to do something a little different with that car. Those manifolds you're having done are very nice for the price, I know what it takes to assemble one of those so again, nice work :) Feel free to IM me at hi0npsi so we can get your thread back on topic, hehe.

Tom

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Im currently building one for my 1.5 and really even 3/8 flanges are too thin. We made the first head flange out of 3/8 and after seeing how badly it warped from the heat quickly decided to go with 1/2 flanges instead. They will hold up alot longer. We were going to make a log manifold like that but i decided tubular would be better. Are the 1.6 head holes 1.25 like the 1.5 or are the 1.5inch? BTW, Is it mild or stainless steel?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Im currently building one for my 1.5 and really even 3/8 flanges are too thin. We made the first head flange out of 3/8 and after seeing how badly it warped from the heat quickly decided to go with 1/2 flanges instead. They will hold up alot longer. We were going to make a log manifold like that but i decided tubular would be better. Are the 1.6 head holes 1.25 like the 1.5 or are the 1.5inch? BTW, Is it mild or stainless steel?
He hasnt been on in a while but I belive he said it was just steel...not stainless...then again he has them milled so not for sure. I dont know much about metals.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts