Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright.. I bought a 2008 Accent 5spd on the 14th. Traded my 2002 Vw Jetta Gls Auto. I'm so happy to have that damn thing GONE! Such a POS! Had almost every option. All power except the seats. Moonroof, heated seats & mirrors. I had Major tranny problems. Bought it used with 40k miles Jan 17th 2005. 4 months after the tranny started shifting bad from 2nd to 3rd. Hard down shift coming to a stop. Wouldn't catch reverse half the time. Slowing from 45+ to 30 and going again would rev slightly then jerk into gear. Had it in and out of Vw for 3 months.

In that time they did everything known to the trans. Then just put a new one in. Didn't work. 2 months later they put a control module in, FIXED! Only for 4000 miles. I was stuck with those problems until the 14th. In short: suspension knocks & elc shorts in every accessory. If the cooling fans kicked on while having the heated seats, mirrors, headlights and heat on, the heated seats went out and the heat blower kicked down.

The headlights would go out in the rain. The trunk light flickered. The brake pedal for the last year and a half went to the floor. Nothing was found wrong there. The 2.0L's are known for burning oil. One of the Rings were installed upside down in certain years of them. I added 2-3 quarts every 2 months. It also used anti-freeze.

I think I covered part of it. And I'm sure you get the point. But, just in case you don't. Go in the Vw dealer with me and see how many people say, "Hey Joah! How ya been?" :p

So, I am happy with my base model Hyundai! I'm happy I don't have ABS, Traction control, Stability control. The Jetta wouldn't turn in the snow, and they claim all that stuff is what helps! This car reminds me A LOT of my old '98 Civic DX 5spd. Which I made the biggest mistake ever with. Trading it on the Jetta.

So now, I plan to grow with the Hyundai guys & girls. :D
I hope no one is like the Vw guys around here. Bitchin' about someone not having $10,000 a year for just wheels, or how someone uses E-tape on a radio. Or how about painting your wheels instead of spending money on new ones... I'm not some rich idiot that spends money for no reason!

The Accent will have the pinstripe removed this week. The windows will be tinted limo, as the Jetta was, hopefully by next month. I plan on some wheels, but not this summer. Have to much going out on the house.

The thing I'll miss about the Jetta.. Driving at night lookin' like a cop Lol..

I went SET on a Silver or White colored car. Fell in love with the blue!

The Jetta was looking pretty ragged next to the Accent.

Hope to have a great stay and meet some new friends around here!

Joah

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the welcome! I'll be around for at least 5 years lol. I don't see this car driving me insane so I might just keep it forever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts