Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 01 tiburons they have 2 different flywheels.. is there anyway to find out which one is in a tib before taking it out?

·
Registered
131 Posts
From hmaservce.com/webtech:

[body]The new crankshafts
(P/N 23110-23710 for the 2.0L); P/N 23110-23510 for the 1.8L) released July 8, 1999 have the following dimensional changes.

A. The flywheel mounting flange (pilot) diameter has been reduced from 41 mm to 35 mm.

B. The flywheel mounting flange (pilot) height has been increased from 4 mm to 6.5 mm.

C. The crankshaft rear flange thickness has been reduced from 20.5 mm to 18 mm.

D. The crankshaft rear flange bolt hole depth has been reduced from 15 mm (± 1.5mm) to 12.5 mm (± 1.5 mm).

NOTE
The new crankshafts are not interchangable
with the previous ones. However, a crankshaft spacer (P/N 23112-23900) can be attached to the new crankshafts to make them interchangeable
with the older crankshafts.

FLYWHEEL AND FLEX PLATE

The flywheel and flex plate assemblies have been changed to fit the new crankshaft. The new flywheel and flex plate assembliesare not backward compatible
with the older crankshaft. However, the older flywheel and flex plate can be made interchangeable
by mounting a crankshaft spacer (P/N 23112-23900) onto the new style crankshaft.

A. The flywheel and flex plate assembly pilot bore diameter has been reduced from 41 mm to 35 mm.

B. The flywheel pilot bore depth has been increased from 5.0 mm to 7.5 mm. Dimension B is recessed.[/body]
So check production date on your car and you're set

·
Registered
101 Posts
If you're buying the flywheels.

I bought my fidanza from these guys.
http://search.stores.ebay.com/UltraRev-Inc_hyundai_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ3QQfsnZUltraRevQ20IncQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftsZ2QQsaselZ141155680QQsofpZ0

$359 US plus courier cost.

fitted perfectly, and they are super lightweight compared to the OEM flywheel.
The old ones are so heavy, I could hardly carry them in one hand.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts