Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am just starting to mod my Tiburon, its a 2003 gtv6, and since I am getting the money back from taxes I wanted to drop it on the Stage IV Intake Manifold, are there any reasons I would not want to put this intake on my stock tiburon? Also, what all will I need to do this install, will my stock throttle body work, will I need any wierd kits to make stuff fit, what are the best sealents to use, and does anybody have a page for DIY Intake Manifold on the v6.. Also so nobody suggest a turbo or somethin instead I am building this car all N/A but I want it to be able to be compatible with nitrous/supercharger/turbo, etc... I have not looked and my cars at the shop right now, but one of my friends said it looked like the spark plugs behind the intake manifold looked like you would have to have the intake manifold off in order to pull them out is this true? Any help will be appreciated much!

·
Registered
311 Posts
without any other mods, gains will be small(a few hp)
When you get the extractors, hi flo cat, cat back exhaust etc and the bigger TB(with K&n panel replacement),the manifold will be better.

As for gaskets, get a set of new ones from hyundai, they work fine and hopefully the new manifold has the same flange(it should)

The extractors won't be turbo friendly(you'll need a new manifold) but will be great with a supercharger(alpine developments do a nice kit) if you do decide to go forced later. Otherwise they are a must for N/A

1 - 5 of 5 Posts