Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have been asking on the ClubGP boards and some people had some suggestions, but imo I think this site has a lot of more people with great knowledge. I was hoping maybe somebody could point me in the right direction. Its my GTP is having troubles starting. I already changed the oil/plugs/air filter. Next will be fuel filter and fuel injector cleaner(might help out). What the car is doing is it will keep cranking but you have to hold the key down for like 7seconds. I don't like to do that so I found if you just turn the key to start for a couple seconds, let off and do it again it starts right up. THat is why I am thinking it is fuel related. My dad had similar problem on his 99 Serria with the fuel diaphram causing the problem. But one I don't know if the GTP has that or even how to go about finding out. I've already just tunred the key to the "on" posistion to let the fuel pump pressurize the system first before trying to start but that doesn't help a thing. Just wondering if anyone else had any suggestions besides a failing fuel pump or broken fuel diaphram located on/next the fuel rail system. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Definatly do the fuel filter and run fuel system cleanser through her cause it definatly sounds like a fuel related problem, it will probly be your filter or pump.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Might as well try a fuel filter and cleaner since they are cheap and easy to change but I am betting fuel pump.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Does the engine turn over at the speed you think it should or does it turn slowly? If it turns at regular speed I agree that it sounds fuel related, probably bleeding off gas at one end of the system. Either backwards through a fuel pump that's not sealing well or out through one of the injection system components.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts