Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey! i'm trying to put a little system in my car. The problem is, when i put in a cd player, i was poor so i had it done at the flea market, and now that i'm trying to actually do **** to my car everything is like jimmy-rigid. it's a piece of **** job, now that i actually know whats going on and stuff..... anyways, i am having the hardest time getting my consoul off, it is getting jammed right at the drink holders, can anyone help me out? its a accent 01'
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
quote: Originally posted by indefactorX

pop open the two cup holders

there are two philips head screws that you'll need to unscrew right behind them, after that you go behind the dash and you'll see where the AC control arms go to (two long silver rods coming from your dash almost to the floor board just right of your feet there will be two, the directional one ie:feet, window etc.. and the temperature one) you'll need to disconnect those from the big white thingies, don't unscrew them, they come un-done by un snapping them or something **it's been a while since i had done it** Then also open the glove box and there is another control arm for the sliding vent control thing (the one for circulating inside air or bringing in outside air) directly behind the glove box, it would be easy to just take out your glove box at this point

once you get those 3 control arms disconnected then start popping out your center dash, after that just start pulling it straight out and you'll be able to unscrew the radio from there

with aftermarket cd players you may have to dremmel out the hole in the dash(where the face plate comes through at) because they are wider than the stock decks..

good luck man, i installed mine myself, and it was a pain

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay, so i got all the wires set up and stuff. But when i put the car on the box wasnt hitting at all.... do you think the amp just needs to be changed out? i mean i wasnt getting any arch at all

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
with some decks only one of the amp outs will work, try disconnecting one of the RCA's from your amp and if that doesn't work then try the next one, if that doesn't work just make sure you have the RCA's plugged into the right outs on your deck

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Originally posted by ABStir
[body]
okay, so i got all the wires set up and stuff. But when i put the car on the box wasnt hitting at all.... do you think the amp just needs to be changed out? i mean i wasnt getting any arch at all
[/body]
Need more info! Did you amp power up?

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
did you get it figured out man? bunch of audio heads here can help you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts