Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well tonight (sunday 12:24 AM eastern time) was my first time racing the tib... it was against another tb 03-04 with a 6 speed also (V6). we raced three times all from a 40mph roll in 2nd gear. i ate him by 2 cars the first time and then by 4 the next. the 3rd time we were even until we got to 120mph then he started to pull away a bit... i guess the 1st two times he wasnt shifting right. i think with a bit more practice at shifting and knowing when to shift in the rpm band, i can be good.

his mods are a CAI and greddy catback exhaust, my car was bone stock...

·
Registered
2,652 Posts
how many girls did he have in the car?

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
hey now..the GK tib has more class, quality, grace and finesse than a cheapo boosted neon,

·
Registered
817 Posts
Originally posted by thegrim
[body]
i think with a bit more practice at shifting and knowing when to shift in the rpm band, i can be good.
[/body]
Yeah that must be extreme hard to shift at the redline..damn I have to practise that more..

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by eyelid
[body]
Originally posted by thegrim
[body]
i think with a bit more practice at shifting and knowing when to shift in the rpm band, i can be good.
[/body]
Yeah that must be extreme hard to shift at the redline..damn I have to practise that more..
[/body]
well if you look at any manual tibs dyno graph.. it'll show you where torque and horsepower numbers cross... shortly after that, you should be shifting... power doesnt hold all the way until redline on all cars.... so i should be shifting between 5000 and 5500 rpm in the tib.... no need to go to redline at all and waste time making no power when u can rev match and take into account where your rpm's will end up after your shift to keep making reasonable torque and horsepower before the other guy..

so point is, i think you need to learn how your car works instead of running it to redline and thinking your racing... what do you think the point of shift lights are?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts