Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wat kinda money we talking to swap in a twin cam head may i ask?

also Oblivo wats your car run lke with turbo?

[Edited by The_Dead_One on Sep 21, 2004 7:00 AM]

·
Registered
273 Posts
Runs good :) Personally i think the sas kit is more than enough power. With the 50% increase it already starts to become hard to get a good launch, so imagine what that would be like in higher power figures. The kit is more than enough to give most things a good run for their money, and hey, noone expects it from an xl do they? The only thing is the auto really, i dont know what you have, but the standard auto just wont hold up. Manual is fine, sas have been doing those 4 years. All up, an extremely neat and reliable kit, go the stage 2 for an extra grand and a half and run 10psi if your that concerned or get stainless piping and run more, though i wouldnt recommend it with stock internals.

·
Registered
278 Posts
hay oblivo! we should race some time, what you think? im pretty sure you will kick my ass, but it still be fun!
flavs: you never posted how much u spent. could you please? im interested too.

·
Registered
35 Posts
With the traction issues your talking about, I recommend the racelogic traction control system. This is a proper system not like the ones that drop ignition and leave nasty bits of fuel unburnt being pumped out the engine.

You guys are bearly scratching the potential of these engines with the turbo mods. Your fitting small turbos. There is techniques like modifying the oil system to spray large amounts of oil to the underside of the pistons, and more efficient intercoolers and other strategies that will result in the engine taking a much larger quantity of air than the size of turbos being converted commonly.

The SAS cast turbo manifold is not optimal in my view, and with a more serious turbo on an external wastegate with proper aftermarket engine management including electronic wastage control there is much more power to be had.

If you want to continue running 98octane pump fuel, a water injection system ontop of intercooling is proven to reduce the knock threshold.

·
Registered
651 Posts
No i already had all those parts installed,dont have a EBC at the moment,just a bleed valve cos my E-Boost stuffed up(apparently cant handle high boost on accents)but im getting a blitz item soon.Didnt need to upgrade anything cos the kit had it all from the start,Microtech,larger injecters,HD Clutch,Custom Manifold etc.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts