Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a Turbo car guy....I build my own usually from scratch. I have never bought a factory turbo'd car.

I was reading a few posts here and they led me to believe that some of these Hyundai's were turbo from the factory? Is this correct?

What years did they come this way? I can only say I saw one turbo'd car that said Hyundai on the valve cover...And the motor wasnt even in Hyundai...I figured it was a joke or something. That car was like a older Dodge Colt or something weird. It actually seemed to run pretty strong too!

I am looking into either turbo'ing a new Hyundai 2009 Hatch or buying a used Audi TT225 AWD car or GTI VW. This is when the funds are figured out this year.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
there are also some turbo diesel trucks, but they are all oversees. otherwise, alot just build there own

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm...So keep my eye out for this new 2010 Genesis eh? I am used to raw V8 horsepower and grew up with motors as large as 604" CID (Bored & Stroked BBC)

But I really had my eye's opened the first time I drove my Monte Carlo after I mounted a 67mm Garrett onto the stock motor with a blo-thru carburetor! I didnt realize what turbo's could do...They even best the superchargers I am familiar with! I just tried it because I kept seeing the Mustang guys doing it! Now I see why all the tuners are into these turbo's and intercoolers and fuel management.

Didnt click until recently.

I thought if I could find a cheap transporter to tune up a bit with a factory turbo...It would make for a fun ride. I have a brand new Precision GTQ 76mm sitting in the closet at home....(Too big for anything under 3.8 liters, on the street) But a upgrade to a car that is already turbo friendly was made apparent by a friend who upgraded his Talon to a much bigger unit...Wow.
91-96 models around where I live are bound to be pretty much dead by now.

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
best bet...

im guessing you are familiar with cars

an older accent with a 2.0 swap. then boost it

an older elantra, with a 4g63t swap

1 - 5 of 5 Posts