Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys new to the Tib arena...was wondering if ther are any free mods that can be done to the Tib...if so please list..thanks
btw holding off on buying any real mods cause we wil most likely trade it in late next year...but if we decide to keep it as a 3rd car then Ill start buying for it....thanks again

·
Registered
64 Posts
if you plan on trading it in next year, you could buy a flip out TV or nice head unit. i know you'd still be spending money, but that can be taken out easily and put into a different car.

·
Registered
21,319 Posts
Where on earth do you think a flip out TV comes into play with this?:sleepy:

Free mods:
Remove the coolant lines from the throttle body. ~ Cost = $0
Remove the resonator from the stock air box. ~ Cost = $0
Remove the clutch valve spring and plate from the slave cylinder. ~ Cost = small bottle of brake fluid.

·
Registered
468 Posts
what would removing the coolant lines from the TB do?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cool is there any write ups on these ..the res I can do , but the others....thanks for the tips...

·
Registered
21,319 Posts
Originally posted by Tweak
[body]
what would removing the coolant lines from the TB do?
[/body]
Coolant lines run through the TB to keep it warm so the TB won't freeze if you live in colder climates. This also warms the air as it passes through. As we all know, the cooler the air, the more power. It doesn't make a huge or even realy noticeable difference but it is free and doesn't hurt. Infact, most afyermarkey TB's don't come with a place to hook them up anyways.

Originally posted by pewter_ls1
[body]
cool is there any write ups on these ..the res I can do , but the others....thanks for the tips...
[/body]
For the coolant lines, look under the TB for the two hoses. The run from the crank case to the TB. Remove one completely the disconnect the other one looping it back in to the crank case where the other one once was.

For the valve spring and plate, go to your clutch release cylinder and remove them.

Here is a diagram

You are removing the part listed valve spring and valve plate.
Here is a DIY if tou need more info.
http://www.elantraxd.com/yabbse/index.php?board=38;action=display;threadid=7549

The DIY is on an Elantra, but the process is the same. There is a noticable grip on the clutch when done. The valve plate is there to make shifts smoother by softening the grab.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
great diagram thanks....

·
Registered
21,319 Posts
Originally posted by Hyundai92Excel
[body]
Hey, I have no intentions of hijacking the thread, but will that clutch mod work for my year Elantra?
[/body]
I don't know

[body]
great diagram thanks....
[/body]
Thanks, it's from hmaservice.com

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Originally posted by AUTOBOT
[body]
Originally posted by Hyundai92Excel
[body]
Hey, I have no intentions of hijacking the thread, but will that clutch mod work for my year Elantra?
[/body]
I don't know

[body]
great diagram thanks....
[/body]
Thanks, it's from hmaservice.com
[/body]

Thank you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts