Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant get the painted bars to come off my stock black mesh grill on my LC2, I need some help? I got all the gold screws out but the thing just wont snap off what do I do?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
if you dont have the stock grill when you use the mesh.... if you hit a bird or something.. bye bye radiator and engine if you over heat.

On the back there are some peices that you need to push in at the same time as you pull. I highly suggest to continue with what your doing. Than just wrap the mesh around the black backing of the factory grill.

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Feb 1, 2006 7:50 PM]

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
There are a bunch of tabs on the back you need to get through their holes...

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Originally posted by 03-Accent-03
[body]
[/body]
same thing I was saying.. but maybe if we both say it, it'll work

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Originally posted by ftwvampftw
[body]
Originally posted by 03-Accent-03
[body]
[/body]
same thing I was saying.. but maybe if we both say it, it'll work
[/body]
Like I read anything you type... :evil:

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
God you guys should get married, christ you argue like my parents.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I took out all the screws but I just couldnt pop out the center piece of the painted grill, and I dont want to break the painted grill what am I doing wrong?

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
on the back of the grill.. there are tabs that still connect the Painted Grill to the Black Grill.. they need to be pressed in before you can pull the grill off. Just like your head light bulbs.. you need to push this 'tab' before you can pull the electric connection to the bulb. I'll try to get some pics later today.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I pulled all the tabs but the grill just wont pop off, I can get the out bars loose but the center just wont pop off right where the hyundai logo is.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Originally posted by GregsterGSi
[body]
Originally posted by Jonas53
[body]
Just do this and dont bother with the stock grill. http://www.hyundaiperformance.com/forums/topic.php?t=46391
[/body]
Pretty ghetto
[/body]
Uh ok. I thought it was perfectly clear in the original post that no one cares what haters think of it. The guy wanted help with doing a mod and there it is. I'll never understand why ppl have to dis other ppl's ideas. I doubt anyone's sitting here reading your post saying "wow... that Gregster guy really opened my eyes to what a shitty mod that guy did. Thank you bud for putting it so eloquently!" Stop wasting everyone's time talking trash about what you think looks bad and go do something productive to help the Accent community. I wouldn't waste keystrokes on what I thought of your mods. I just wouldn't bother posting. I suggest you take some advice on that one.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I've seen a few done like that, VAST improvement. The factory LC2 grille looks more like ghetto-rice than plain mesh- I would however have sprayed the mesh black. Good job :)

PS everyone is entitled to an oppinion be it good or bad. However, you can be CONSTRUCTIVE in your criticism and just say you don't like it.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
So I dont understand why the grill wont pop off near the middle, seems like there is smaller tabs and they just dont want to release

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Check very carefully. I missed a couple tabs too (and was wondering WTF for about 20 minutes) when I was taking mine off for fun a long time ago.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts