Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

and with the bushing:

and on the car:

Now heres the details of the mount.
-It is made of 1/4 inch wall thickess steel
-It is predrilled to fit the Beta II mounting block
-They were all made by me, using a big ass lincoln arc welder, plasma cutter and the such.
-The bushing is made entirely of polyurathene "window weld", takes about 3 days to cure but is is very strong once it does.

Now, these mounts are exact replicas of the one I made for my LC beta Accent. In this mount there are about 3 years of trial and error motor alignments that ended in busted cv joints and lots of beer. This one will set your motor up nice and square on all planes. Also to note, on my swap there are holes drilled on the passenger side mount bracket about 1/4 inch from the OEM holes, this was to set the correct left to right distance to be able to use accent lenght axles without modyfing any thing.

I would like to get $50 plus shipping for each one.

Paypal to [email protected], or money orders accepted. I am putting in the bushings tommorow so it will be 3 days before I can ship them out to allow time for it to cure.

Email me with any questions or post them up here.

[Edited by bizzare on Dec 28, 2005 1:24 PM]

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
do we only need to buy the passenger side mount? i thought we had to place the front mount over a little more too, but if this is the only thing we need to actually get the engine sitting right then let me know

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well this is the only mount that needs to be fabricated, the rest of them only require drilling holes in the brackets. It is possible to relocate the front roll stop a little, but i just used a spacer to take up the air gap, has held up fine for about 3 years now. Let me know...also i can email you some pics if you would like, the ones I put up on imagestation are having issues, so Ill have to repost them tonight.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Thats great idea! Would you like to make the other mounts as well for the Tiburon transmission swap too? This would make my life easy, since I plan on doing the tranny swap myself this spring.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
what he said ^^, so when i do finally swap a beta in, its a much easier job than it ever was before ;)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
theres nothing really to make on the transmission mounts, just line em up, drill the holes, take a die grinder to some things and bam:D

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bump

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bump

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Has anyone picked this mount up yet? I wish I had this when I did my swap, Bizzare you should have broke this off a year ago.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
you should make more of these and make it a small business..i'm will most certainly get one..

i wonder if i do the beta swap if my evofusion LC Exhaust will fit...i hope it does...

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yea there are more to come, the plan is to make an entire mount kit with real urethene bushings. But for now....8D

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
also, when i swap the engine, you said this is for a beta II only??, because i might be swapping in a engine from a 99- 00 tiburon, will this mount still work wonders for me or no?? lemme know, because once i do get the engine i'll definately purchase this mount, thank you

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
hey GLaccent, the mount should be the same between the beta 1 and 2 if i'm not mistaken. but bizzare, i'll take one right now, when will u be able to ship it to me if i pay dec 31st? and if it doesnt fit as said, can i send it back and get my money back?

[Edited by thegrim on Dec 30, 2005 3:47 PM]

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I am in my hometown right now for a wedding from iend of mine. So the earliest I would be able to ship this would be like Jan 5.

As to the mount fitting as said, It will fit a beta II installed in a LC accent, because they are exact replicas of what i have in mine. If you plan on using it on an x3, then your on your own as ive never seen the beta II in a x3, or a beta I in an x3 in person.

Like the first post says, it is modeled to my swap, of which details can be found in they Hybrid forum stiky named " My LC beta swap diary" as well as the pic above of it actually installed on the car.

I mean if the mount just doesnt fit period, as in there is no possible way to put it on then yea ill gladly refund the money back. But Ill also add that this is not a CAD engineered piece of metal. It is strong, It will fit, and will do the job is all. Most importantly it aligns the motor right and that is something that took like years to finally do.

But yea, just let me know how you want to do it and its yours, I have 3 of them just waiting to be installed :D;):

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
yea, its going in the x3. it should be fairly similar to the LC... so if it doesnt fit, i'll send it back to ya... but i'll take it. e-mail me at the address in my profile when ya get back home plz.

·
Registered
508 Posts
bizzare, how much to ship to montreal,quebec,canada

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
bizzare? whats up man, still got one laying around? itching to get you some exposure. so let me know when to paypal you, i need to get this done. i took the beta out to build it and now its ready to go back in.... my email is tigeplayer[@]aol[dot]com you can send me a paypal reminder there if need be. thanx

1 - 20 of 43 Posts