Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have for sale, an untouched SMT-5 piggyback system. I bought it about 2.5 years ago thinking i was going to need it to run the beta in my accent using the alpha III ecm. This is not so....for details visit the Hybrid section.

But I digress, I have never installed it onto my harness. I did connect it as per manual instructions to a power source and up to a PC notebook computer to see if it works. It does work, and its pretty neat. You can adjust fuel injector pulse width in 50 rpm incriments, and adjust ignition timing as well as all kinds of data logging, and many other features.

It is complete with its own harness, PC hookup (the harness is still untouched) and I will include a CD with all of the instructions, Hyundai wiring schematics, and Windows software.

Heres some shots of it:

i paid $160 dollars for it, but i will take $100 plus shipping

I am in need of money, and this is a great deal for all you people with pressurized intake systems;):

Please note: This piggyback requires you to do some splicing of ecm wires, and programing on the PC. It works, because it comunicated with my PC. It has never been actually spliced into an ecm and run, so if you dont know how to hook it up(instructions are included), you hook it up wrong, fry your ecm, or fry the SMT-5 or blow your motor because you want to see what happens when you lean out the mixture too much at 4800 rpm under 89% load, it is not my responsability.

So I will offer some installation tips:
Avoid crimp connectors, solder and use shrink tubing where possible
DO NOT use a Test Light, ever...as a matter of fact take the test light you have now and flush it down the toilet. Test lights on computer circuits WILL fry something.
Take the time to read the instructions, and follow all guidelines.

If you allready know all of this, good for you8D

First $100 plus shipping takes it:)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you want it its yours. Shipping is 4 bucks to that zipcode with US postal service 3 day shipping. I can take paypal to [email protected] or money order works too. Let me know.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alrighty then8D Will ship it out asap then, did you include your shipping adress in the money order? If not you can email it to me so I can go get it all ready for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts