Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if anyone in NY area is looking for a project car (matt already decliced) ive got a 93 with a siezed engine. its a project if anyone wants it. 85k (something like that) on the chassis.

good:
original head with about 83k on it
new head with about 2,000 miles on it- very clean still
new timing belt, used maybe 200 miles so far
super duty oil cooler (flex-a-lite just like in hp store)
at least 2 new all season tires and 2 studded snow tires for winter
new water pump- never installed yet
has UR underdrive crank pulley
drilled front rotors
freshly cleaned engine bay, block etc
freshly flushed (multiple times lol) oil, tranny fluid, and gearbox oil
clutch with about 5,000 on it
new stock shocks (about 5,000 miles)
votgland lowering springs- i think a 1.2" drop
new headlight bulbs
fart-cannon muffler (there when i got it) and stock exhaust piping otherwise
new drivers side lower balljoint, maybe 1,000 miles on it
*new turbo with about 7,000 on it*
also another box of parts that came when i got the car, some really random stuff like some used pistons and rods, spare both headlights, a downpipe, remote trunk popper assembly, some other stuff i cant think of offhand.

bad:

no pulley for the AC- cannot guarantee that its charged cold but the compressor and everything is in place and spins freely.
starter doesnt like to engage on the flywheel in cold weather. sometimes takes ~12 tries. seems to only be in the cold.
shifter cable has some broken strands on the tranny side by the linkage- but still works.
i dropped one foglight in a bucket of oil- will need to be taken apart and cleaned so theyre not installed (not my priority right now)
rear bumber cracked
front bumper pass side mount is busted (wire tied so that you cannot notice it from the outside). i did this backing it off the u-haul dolly- other than that the front bumper is BRAND NEW and even unpainted

it comes with a lot of parts, trust me. im just sick of it. if i can get $600 for it then it wont go to the junkyard.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
might be intrested.. been wanting a scoupe turbo for the longest time... can u get me some pics of it... wanna see what it looks like...

[Edited by spikie on Sep 27, 2004 9:04 PM]

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ill have pics this weekend, ive already gotten some inquiries about it.

im still tossing this up though. the engine is siezed and i want to check out the damage 1st and see how much it will cost to fix. i have $1700 total invested in this car and just really dont wanna take that loss. but all in all its stephs decision and once i get the block apart again this weekend ill know how much needs to be done.

i was just realy pissed yesterday morning cos sunday i finally got the car together after having a bent valve stumping me for like 3 weeks, drove the car for like 2 hours and now the engine is siezed. it overheated but all the fluids were still in it AND i have an oil cooler installed so i have to figure that one out too. i was just rying to see if theres any interest and so far with a couple inquiries, it may go either way. ill still have pics probably next monday if not sooner.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
dude, don't sell it! even to me! :D

keep it, fix it, then boost the **** out of it! :evil:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Where abouts in NY are you located? and would you consider delivering for a fee? (i'm in eastern MA 30 miles north of boston) I'm interested in the tranny and a few of the extras incase you decide to part it out.

Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts