Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody.

This weekend i made 52,000 miles on my 05 LC2. The manual calls for the fuel filter to be replaced in this period. Well i bought one, went home, lifted the car with jacks.......and spent a while trying to find it. LOL. I even pulled the fuel pump (and whatever else is in that big box in the rear) down and looked in there. Looked and the forward section of the firewall....traced and retraced the lines. I thought i was just retarded so i called my friend over-he couldn't find it either so,
Where is this filter....please don't say it's above the fuel tank or something. Anyway thanks for the help, i ran a quick search with no luck but im sure it's here and i missed it.

TTYL

Marc

·
Registered
621 Posts
lol its on top of the tank. You have to remove the bottom part of the back seat to get to the access panel. Once you removed the panel its easy to change it out. Remember to pull out the fuel pump relay and start the car so the pressure in the fuel line is gone. The car will shut off on you when the relay is out but will start back up once you have changed out the filter and reinstalled the relay.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
And the worst part of that is i have removed the rear seat before just screwing around and didn't notice that. Thank you for the assist bro.

·
Registered
596 Posts
What is on web tech is actualkly wrong for the LC2...
Fuel filter is inside the fuel pump...

So to replace the filter you need to replace the pump...
Or so i have been told...

Cheers
scythe

·
Registered
687 Posts
I need to replace a fuel filter in my 95' Ford Mustang 3.8L Coupe...

Can't find an online manual anywhere, and I'm too lazy to snoop around. Can anyone tell me where it is too? I'd hate to drop the tank if it's in it :'(

HOwie~

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I guess i will look this weekend and see if i can get to it under the seat....if not then I'll have to assume it's in the pump? I would call the Hyundai dealership but they are stupid. lol.

And no I'm sorry i'm not familiar at all with Mustangs.

·
Registered
621 Posts
^scythe^ said:
What is on web tech is actualkly wrong for the LC2...
Fuel filter is inside the fuel pump...

So to replace the filter you need to replace the pump...
Or so i have been told...

Cheers
scythe
Its right, I changed it on my brothers 4 door LC2. Just get the filter at autozone its like $6.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Asian_907 said:
I need to replace a fuel filter in my 95' Ford Mustang 3.8L Coupe...

Can't find an online manual anywhere, and I'm too lazy to snoop around. Can anyone tell me where it is too? I'd hate to drop the tank if it's in it :'(

HOwie~
It should be on the passengers side in front of the rear tire along the frame of the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have a 2002 sonata and i'm at 40K miles, i just looked quickly in the trunk and saw one possible place that i could get to the tank. my local dealerships refuse to tell me where it is, they say to bring it in and have them change the fuel filter for over 200 dollars. screw that!

·
Registered
596 Posts
Its under the rear seat...
And you cant change a fuel filter on an LC2 without replacing the entire pump (filter is physically inside the pump assembly)...
Which is why its $200...

Cheers
scythe

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
^scythe^ said:
you cant change a fuel filter on an LC2 without replacing the entire pump (filter is physically inside the pump assembly)...
That is not true, I've done it. At least for a 2003 LC2 unless they changed it later. The pump is right next to the fuel filter but it's on top of the tank not inside with the pump. Connected to the pump is a PREfilter screen but the filter is outside of the tank.

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is an inline filter and intake filter on most cars and the inline filter I follow the fuel lines and it will be along that.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts