Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What are the best FI cleaners on the market? I use the Chevron Techcron stuff and was just wondering if there was anything better on the market.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Seafoam in the gas tank. And to protect the kiddies yes, that's a product, not something you gather at the beach.

·
Registered
737 Posts
bg has a product called 44k that supposedly works well but anything that you put in your gas tank won't work nearly as good as if you could tap into the fuel rail and inject it directly.

truthfully, i've never had any luck with mine or customers cars with fuel additives. The only thing i've seen that works well is HEET dry gas.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
andy said:
anything that you put in your gas tank won't work nearly as good as if you could tap into the fuel rail and inject it directly.quote]
+1

(oYo) <-- HP wise man say boobies increase post length.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hey 187 can you tell me more bout this Seafoam??? I got Lucas fuel injector cleaner but after what you told me bout the oil stabilizer they have Im not sure I wanna use it! How much does this cost? What does it look like? and where can I find it?? Thanx:D

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Lucas fuel injector cleaner won't hurt anything. Lucas is a good company, it's just their oil stabilizer to stay away from.

Seafoam is in a cylindrical white bottle with scroll writing. If you come down this way I'll pick up a couple of bottles and we can do the top engine cleanse also to clean out your intake manifold, valves, head, and cylinders a bit.

I don't remember what chains carry Seafoam. Maybe Schucks? I usually shop at a local auto parts store vs. the big chains personally.

·
Registered
860 Posts
well maybe ill be on my way down on sunday if your not busy? PM me with your info, Im at work till 5 tonight instead of 4! Is there any other products I need to be aware of??

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I'll PM my info.

I say a full can in the tank, half in the IM, and half in the crankcase. However, I also say no more than a couple of hundred miles on the engine after dumping it in the crankcase before changing the oil. And that's pushing it, especially if you have a dirty engine. I don't think it's good to run in the oil for very long, more as a flush.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
You take one of the vacuum hoses off, and let it suck the seafoam by accelerating the throttle to 3k RPM.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If you have an RD or J2, merely take off the hose leading to the IAC and dump a little at a time down the tube with the engine idling. Don't let it stall, though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That was very good info. I will be performing this in the AM...Thanks.

sciphi said:
If you have an RD or J2, merely take off the hose leading to the IAC and dump a little at a time down the tube with the engine idling. Don't let it stall, though.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I actually ended up using Seafoam shortly after my last post on this thread and you should've seen the smoke coming outta my car from all the carbon buildup and whatnot!! But after the smoke cleared my car ran sooo much better!! They found a new customer in me!! LOL!! I love that stuff, of course it pained me to see my car smoking cuz normally Im the one kinda making fun of peoples Hondas or Toyotas or whatever that are smoking cuz thats normally not good, so I ended up driving with my rearview mirror turned the opposite direction!! LOL!! But it did run a lot better than it had been!!:D :D :D

·
Registered
860 Posts
^^^yeah thats bout what mine looked like too, except mine had a lot of smoke, it probably hadnt been cleaned out since the car was made and that was ten years ago!!!:D :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
I smoked up my apartment complex something fierce. People came over to me and asked if my car was all right.

BTW, I used Deep Creep, the aerosol Seafoam. Same result as the regular liquid.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts