Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i installed an adjustable fpr and a few months later my pressure has droped to about 30 psi and drops when i push on the pedal. the stock regulator is still there. there is no leaks. HELP would be greatly appreiciated. :??:

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Where is the gauge installed? That will affect the reading. I had problems when i installed my rrfpr with my stock one still in place. Yours may be meant to work with the stock one place, mine wasnt.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
gauge is installed AT the fuel rail. we drilled and tapped directly in the rail. pressure was fine 36-42psi up until about a week ago when he just about ran out of gas- the car was stuttering like crazy till I BOUGHT YOU GAS :evil::evil::evil:

oh and you left SOMETHING in my car dude :smoking: its kind of hard to explain to stephanie that we were at your house all night when youre leaving crap in my car :lol::lol:

i just got an idea. this will rule out the rrfpr being the problem. look at the return end of the fuel rail after the regulator where we put that brass compression fitting. take off the fitting. now find the rubber return hose that the return side of the regulator is hooked to, should just be a squeeze clamp i think and hook rubber line that back up to your stock regulator.

basically disconnect the rrfpr altogether so its just sitting there. put the rubber fuel return hose right back on the stock regulator. go do that and i guarantee youll still be at 30psi. that will just rule out the rrfpr as the problem, which cant be it anyways because that only increases pressure under boost, that model has nothing to do with fuel pressure at idle/vacuum.

oh and your 17mm wrench is in the back of my car. i was getting worried that i left it under the hood but i found it.

call the dealer tomorrow morning and price a new regulator. or if you want to go to my parents house and dig around in the basement you can try and find my other scoupe fuel rail and use that reg, it should work fine. i think its still in a box somewhere but im not sure. just price a new one and we can go from there.

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
If you ran it completely out of gas, it's possible you overheated and damaged the pump. It's not likely, but possible.

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
i was thinking of the pump at one point but his PSI is constant at 1000rpm or 6000rpm. if the pump didnt have the capacity it would have pressure down low and drop off somewhere higher in the rpm range. plus when you hit the gas from idle (full vacuum) the fuel pressure is supposed to increase. it decreases ever so slightly. maybe not even 1psi but when you tap the gas you can see the gauge fidget ever so slightly down, its not increasing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts