Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help with this situation. I recently installed a new higher powered fuel pump.It turns on but the engine is not getting any gas.So I put the old one back in thinking that maybe the new one is bad and now that one isnt working either. I can hear it turn on but the engine is not recieving the fuel. what could be happening?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Did you replace the fuel filter???

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
I'd check out your fuses, it's possible a higher powered pump draws more power. In the fusebox there should be a relay at least that runs for the fuel pump, check it out to see if everything's ok there.

Edit: after re-reading it soulds like this isn't it, test the fuel pressure though, it should give you a better idea of what's wrong.

[Edited by agentmoo on Jan 30, 2006 5:53 PM]

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
it powers up and whines (I talked to him on the phone).... Does the ecu relay power it or pulse fuel? I dunno if they have a seperate power for that..... I will check webtech... over the phone I had him pull the fuel line off and put it in a jug and crank it, though the fuel pump whines (both stock and aftermarket) neither of them put ANY fuel in the jug....

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
For your car the fuse is fuse #17.... it should be a 10amp fuse.... Make sure its good. There is a relay in that black box but im not sure which one it is... You didnt call me to ask which one!

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Okay if you take the relay box cover off its the top row, center position according to webtech. Check/replace that relay.......

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Its a intank pump. Fill the line with gas ? I didnt have to do that :ermm:

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got it!!! the new pump and the old pump have different power and ground wires. So I went to my mech and he switched out the wires and it started flowing in the right direction. My fuel pressure regulator is bad though so now I have one more thing to fix and that should do it. Ill be able to go to the meet this weekend. See you guys there and thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
I knew that regulator was crap lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts