Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
id like to know who has what size injectors, fuel pressure and what boost on what size engine.

im running 240cc min injectors, a rising rate fpr on a 1.6l at 15psi boost...

btw i have a stand alone computer controlling them.

according to flow rate calculators on the net i would have to have around 120psi fuel presure @85% duty cycle for these injectors to flow enough fuel.

im pretty sure that fuel pressure is impossible. my geuss would be the malpassi can only make maximum like 70psi fuel pressure right?

yet im running 15psi and not lean!!! wtf is going on?

tks in advance8D

[Edited by T-WING on Oct 19, 2005 7:45 PM]

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
im running beta 1 injectors with a 1:1 malpassi set at 50psi idle to run 10psi of boost its a really shitty way 2 run fuel hopefully i can get some good engine management this by spring

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
hey twing dont mean 2 hijack this but when u converted your fuel rail and took out the stock fuel pressure regulator you told me about the mushroom shaped piece in the fuel pump assembly and it was an olive green color, by chance did a spring come out of the piece, i think i may have taken off the wrong piece and im getting an evap codes ever sence

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no the olive green mushroom shaped thing did not have a spring fall out. it is a sealed unit. have you got a pic? if so i can tell you if its right. if you want email me. [email protected] i got all kinds of codes from it. i just took my engine light globe out. it was on all the time and so was no use anyway.

plz back on topic. i need to know why my engine is doing the, apparently, theoretically impossible.

·
Registered
589 Posts
14psi, stock regulator (and returnless system), big fuel pump and 450cc rx7 injectors.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Maybe your making 170hp at the front wheels instead of KW :hmmm: Cause at 120psi fuel pressure fuel pump should have failed and fuel lines god knows....

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
of course this is the same internet and calculators that tells me a lot of other stuff that isnt even close...

im working on finding out. im pissed that he hasnt given me the bloody dyno chart yet! i dont think its 172hp because that is about what i had at 9psi. and i can feel a MASSIVE difference. but i never trust the butt dyno.

none the less i have just purchased a set of 550cc/min injectors and a nice big fuel pump. we shall see how i go.

btw i also doubt i beat a boxter, even if it was auto and a if it had a shitty driver, with 172hp... unless that was just theoretically impossible too:paranoid:

[Edited by T-WING on Oct 24, 2005 4:52 PM]

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I remember talking to rigoli a while back and they like to talk in good old fashion HP. Also remember though the car might feel like its going faster and harder becuase you have more lag now.

·
Premium Member
2,605 Posts
Originally posted by somefreak
[body]
14psi, stock regulator (and returnless system), big fuel pump and 450cc rx7 injectors.
[/body]
just what i wanted to hear. can i talk to you over e-mail? tigeplayer @aol.com

·
Registered
589 Posts
Originally posted by thegrim
[body]

just what i wanted to hear. can i talk to you over e-mail? tigeplayer @aol.com
[/body]
You got mail :)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
last time he tuned my car he was talking in kw... so to turn around andstart using hp would bu unlikly. also 172 horses is pretty piss poor for 16psi. i would expect that at 12 psi. i had 150hp @ 9psi to only get 20hp out of another 7psi would be... unbelivable... impossible even. im quite sure its kw.

but hey when i get my fuel system upgraded, water injection installed and car retuned, we shall see. (next weekend i hope) ill be sure to whatch him and to get a look at the dyno graph myself. im verry angry that he hasnt produced it!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Originally posted by T-WING
[body]
last time he tuned my car he was talking in kw... so to turn around andstart using hp would bu unlikly. also 172 horses is pretty piss poor for 16psi. i would expect that at 12 psi. i had 150hp @ 9psi to only get 20hp out of another 7psi would be... unbelivable... impossible even.
[/body]
It would make sense if you went from a stock compression to lowered compression...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts