Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i went home last weekend, well not really home but 45 minutes away. I gave my brother a ride home 'cuz hes on leave and didn't have a car. I spent the weeked with him, after this leave his ass is off to kuwait..... and who knows? So i ran home real quick before leaving and ended up talking route choices with my dad. He points out this little stretch of road, 100 miles give or take, and states that he used to be able to make this road in 45 minutes back when he had his z (im still pissed that he sold BOTH zs that he owned, of course he sold them like a year before i was born so, eh). But, he said, the road is better off drivin in the daylight. So i was like hell yes, im going to ride down this road on my way back to college. *BTW for those who did the math i do realise that this means he was going over 100mph, but he said this road never had cops and rarely had anyone else* So i come to this road thinking im going to have an awesome driving experience, wow i was almost right. My first opnion of the road was, wow this is shitty, i mean the road was completely uneven; my car was kinda on a slant due to the difference in height on each wheel. Then come to find out the turn signs in this road must have been posted back when cars could only go 50. By the time you saw a turn sign you were damn near into the turn, this comes into play in a negative way. It was night when i got to the road, and i saw why it was beter drivin during the day, no lights on the road at all only ur headlights. After getting a feel for the road and seeing that the turns so far weren't that harsh, i decided to top out my car and drive as fast as i could down this f*cked up road. I go on for about 15 minutes cruisin at 85-90 before sayin screw it and putting the pedal to the floor. So im going about 105 down this road when all of a sudden i seen a sign: *Turn Sign* 30 mph.
:shocked: I was like F*CK ME HARD, and remember the distance between the sign and the curve was very little, so i slammed on my brakes and barely make it through a damn near 90 degree angle s curve... while at the same time i barely notice another cars headlight coming from my left. All i was thinking was that i dont give a **** if i get a ticket, im just glad my car didn't end up in the river (oh yeah this road was on top of a levee, fun fun, go off and ur fubar). :paranoid: :hmmm: :puzzled: so i went on my way glad to know it wasn't a cop, i didn't go over 75 the rest of the way on that road... all i know is that now i have immense amounts of respect for my dad, he must have been one bad ass driver to handle that sh*t, not saying he busted that curve going 105, just that he was able to navigate that road so quickly. Now im wondering if im a shitty driver or im driving a shitty car (stock sucks a huge one :sleepy: ) All i know is, i have the perfect road in mind to test myself whenever i can get a big enough band-aid for my ego.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts