Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so heres the deal i bought my car about 6 months ago, and supercharged it about 3 months ago. But any ways when i got the car i had a 93 honda civic that my brother in-law gave me constant crap for. Which is ironic becase he had a 99 ford ranger that was a pile. So when i got my car he was upset that i once again had a nicer/faster car then him. Well it just got worse when i started moding it, untill he just couldnt take any more, so he went out and got a 99 firehawk, which for those who dont know is a fairly quick/nice car. he was so sure that his 5.7 310hp ws6 wanna bee would smoke me alive. He kept asking me to race, week after week until he finaly said " i am so sure i could smoke you light to light, or highway i will put $700 dollars that i beat that little rice burner", Me never passing up a could dare... ok i was short on my car payment by like 50 bucks, but any ways. we set up at a light that put you on to a toll-way. the light turns green and i gas it, i close my eyes cause i did really think his low end would take me till about 45, but to my surprise hes at my rear bumper, so i hammer it coming up the on ramp, by the end of the ramp im doing 95-100 mph and hes 5-6 cars lengths behind me. at about 140 mph i lost sight of him. we had agreed that wouldgo to a exit about 1.5 miles from the start point and turn around and head back and the victor would claim his money,and the pride. but i sit and wait for like 30mins for him at this off ramp, and i finaly decied that he must have realized he was screwed and takin a early exit, so i get back on the high way and head to his house, and on the other side of the highway is my brother in law pulled over, he was clocked at 125mph in a 75mph zone, alltogether that little race he wanted so bad cost him $1000.00

·
Registered
71 Posts
because in every real story, that's what you're supposed to do.

how could it not make sense, duH?

did you remember to double clutch? LOL

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
:bored:

·
Registered
9,188 Posts
My ex has a 2003 camaro Z28 5.7L 325Hp... I severely doubt that a tiburon (of ANY type, especially a grenade-waiting-to-detonate Delta V6 UNDER BOOST) is even close to beating that on a straight line, never mind the corners.

Either that or your brother is an idiot and doesn't know to drive a RWD car right... did you say he had a ranger? Also good, RWD... I smell umm, BULLSHIT!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
i'm starting to thin 90% of the stories here are bullsh*t.

i thought the honda forums were bad but this is starting to become no better. can anyone post real kill stories? and i don't care if you got a blower attached to ure tib, none of these stories are near believable.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
Im just not sure about that right now......

·
Registered
697 Posts

[Edited by OdessitPashka on Jan 29, 2006 1:14 PM]

·
Registered
5,907 Posts
and then when you saw the bridge going up you hit your NAWWWWSSS button to clear the ohio river right.. then you took on a supercharged viper and ate it to pieces, with a glass of milk right.. why do people make up such crap.. at least make up something interesting and convincing... was this a firechicken instead of firehawk maybe, with an automatic trans, and 120k miles and a blown head gasket..

·
Registered
7,118 Posts
Hey I beat an IROC.. no BS 5 car lenghts to 60. Very pretty car, new burnt orange paint job and black leather interior. Had a ... umm 350. heh. it wasn't the motor that came with it. It had some turd of a carb v8 that if he didn't run 15w40 would have rod knock. I also think it spit as much fuel out of its exhaust as it burnt. BUT HEY. I still beat the crap out of an IROC ;):

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Wait---what the hell is a Firehawk??? I mean, I know cars, but do you possibly mean a Firebird??

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
Originally posted by wilburisthecoolest
[body]
I had the same thing happen to me with a ss chevelle. Nice ride, but it ran like crap. It was cool. :)
[/body]
That's funny. Did it happen to be light blue? I beat one the same way. Looked okay, but didn't run well. lol.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts