Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi ;)

I can`t find any information about those engines. Were those both mounted in RD? I know that GF was for use `cause I got that one in my tib. How about GC?

Thanks for info.

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
The GC is what we call the Beta 2. It was used in 2001+ Elantras and 2003 4-cyl Tiburons. The main difference is it uses solid shims in the head instead of HLAs.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The GC is what we call the Beta 2. It was used in 2001+ Elantras and 2003 4-cyl Tiburons. The main difference is it uses solid shims in the head instead of HLAs.

so are the solid lifters better than HLAs? anywhere i can get performance camshafts for the G4GC engine??

·
Registered
464 Posts
Different. Not necessarily better. Theoretically you can get more valve float out of the HLAs, and a higher redline with solid shims. For a daily driver, I recommend staying with HLAs because they require no adjustment, ever.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If you can, check with the people that changed our fluid(if you didnt do it yourself to see if there was any particles of brass in it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey There, i háve a question please. I have already my second Coupe, first RD G4GF and now FX with G4gc. Can i just change the motor G4gf for g4gc, does it work or is there a difference? Both are 2.0 16v

Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts