Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn it. I can't take it anymore, out of nowhere at the highway, the temperature rises and hits the red! Burnt gasket. Why god? Why to me? I have put a 1.5 engine which was sitting for 4 years. Is that possible for that reason the gasket to go off?

·
Registered
842 Posts
uhh... is the gasket burnt? several of the turbo'd accent gentlemen have overheated their motors and haven't heard too many reports of a blown gasket. usually it happens once accidentally then they correct the issue and continue along their way. question you need to ask yourself is why did it happen? in some cases, it was just because of a bad ground related to the radiator fan.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
If you're overheating, the pressure/heat from that could cause the gasket to blow.

One thing I'd check is the fan, I had that go on my fiancee's saturn, and it caused other problems due to overheating. Other things, thermostat, radiator cap, coolant and oil levels...

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I overheated my Bronco so bad it siezed and as soon as it cooled back off I got it started and am still driving it to this day...so you may be okay unless you have a reason to suspect the head gasket like oil/water cross contamination or compression pressure in the water.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
My accent overheated a few times. It was randomly overheating from a thermostat and got way to hot 2x.... My radiator started leaking and I didnt know it and it overheated severly once, it was okay though. Patched the radiator up with some jb weld....

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm really pissed off. Like someone has cursed me or sth. First the 1.3 tubo blows ,I remove the turbo and I put an 1.5 and now burnt gasket. Maybe it's a good chance to put a turbo gasket and put the stuff back ant have a 1.5 turbo but I'm really afraid. I don't want to end up with a second totaled engine.. what should I do?

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
turbo it, and just get the setup done right or professionally, i'm sure you have learned a lot from your last engine with problems and all, this time take it slowly and build a nice 1.5 turbo engine......;):

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The hardware setup it's a matter of 3-4 hours to me. The problem was the fuelling. I'll try it with some injectors

1 - 8 of 8 Posts