Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay i have a 2001 hyundai accent and my frickin gauge cluster lights keep on going off when ever they choose to mostly at idle or low speed, can it be a fuse? its really annoying. how wouls i go about fixing this?

·
Registered
183 Posts
Usually a fuse will either work or not. Could be loose but that fuse controls the other dash lights as well so they would flicker too. Power fluctuating i'm not to mechanical hope someone here can help...

·
Registered
147 Posts

It cant be a fuse cuz they either go out or they stay working- sounds like u have a loose wire or something in the engine bay is loose. Probaly have to look in the dash and tear the dash apart.

·
Registered
453 Posts
When my 02 accent was about 1 year old it had a similar problem as in the gauge cluster lights kept flikering or go out for awhile and come back on. Basically The light system went bad and hyundai replaced it, but at first I was thinking loose wire.

·
Registered
88 Posts
You could try changing out the bulbs, mine started doing the same thing about a month ago. I was thinking about checking the bulbs but I'm also thinking about replacing the old girl with a new Astra:eek: :D

·
Registered
67 Posts
Could also be your dash dimmer switch going out. I had that happen in a car. I didn't find it out untill I had replaced all the bulbs and it was still happening.

·
Registered
124 Posts
could be the fuse, i have had it happen a couple times on small fuses on my old dodge neon, that for some reason they would blow, but the metal that melts in half would sometimes touch and actually work again.... until it heats up again... talk about confusing when trying to figure it out.... went looking for sparks / shorts in the ware at night, and saw a quick glow in the fuse panel just as the dash ligths went out... replaced the fuse, worked fine.. blessed the old fuse with a few choice words for my weeks of frustration.... layed it on the pavement pulled the car over it and did a burnout on top of it.... felt slightly better lol. so just to make sure, in your case, replace the fuse with a new one to eliminate that strange and rare chance that it's 1/2 ass working... good luck

1 - 8 of 8 Posts