Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off this is not a sale thread! Its just to see if this is something people would like.

For the past year or so I''''ve been selling these to Toyota''''s and Scions and they''''ve been selling like hot dogs and beer at a baseball game.

What are they? Key hole plugs... Whats a key hole plug? Its a cover that fits into the key hole assembly to cover the silver key hole slot. They are perfectly smooth, and flush and come color matched to the color or your ride!

To install them just put a half a drop on one side of the key hole plug and push it in (make sure you put it in the right way since even though they are a perfect circle they only fit in the key hole plug one way and not in all 360 degreese.) The light adhesion will do plenty to keep them in and wont hurt the paint when if removing them. By light adhesion I mean (any type of craft glue, silicone, but I recomend 3M weatherstrip or emblem glue.)

To remove them just slide something thin on the unglued side to pry it open a little and then it should pull off. Removable and reusable!

Here are some key hole plugs on Scions and Toyotas and hopefully if I generate enough interest I will start making these very very soon. With in the next 2 weeks I can have these ready to go (of coarse not until I''''m a vendor though) I dont want to cheat the system!

If you are interested please put your name and color at the end of the list. I will not be contacting you individually but once I become a sponsor (if im allowed) then I will start accepting orders by color.

The price will be decided once I know how much itl cost to make them for the stangs and how much the paint will cost for those specific colors. The price will be between $10 - $20 dollars but most likely no more than $13.

Here are the pics!

p.S If you think you would be interested after I become a sponsor (If I can) Then post your name on the list.

The old business name used to be Delta Customs but we changed it to i-KONA

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'd be interested. I only use the remote to open my car anyway and it pisses me off when people try to open it with the key.

2007 FL/2 Tiburon - paint code 9F

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll try to look into the hatch one. I need more interest though! I know there are thousands of Tiburon owners! THey are just sweet ass cars.

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
Van16(from newtiburon.com) Tidal Wave Tiburon (XX) both doors and hatch

i will be refering others to you from another forum that caters to tibs

·
Registered
25 Posts
I own a 2-door Accent hatchback. I'd like one for each door and one for the hatchback, since I always use the remote and never the key itself. Thanks.

The color of my car is black.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'd buy a set. Sterling silver '05.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I Have money ready to be sent when this is Ready, Saw krazymikegt's thread on NT about this so thank him for my interest.

I Have Chrome door handles, can those be made? and i have a 2008 quick-silver Tib

I would like the door handles and the hatch please

PM me if this goes down

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'm starting a list here. Add your name to the list if your interested. If I get enough people who would buy then I can request to be a sponsor :D

1. netstat - 2009 - 9F - 2 plugs
2. malik112099 - 2003 - LS - 2 plugs
3. krazymikeyGT - Title Wave xx - 2 plugs
4. scottdrag - Title Wave xx - 2 plugs
5. CarrRyanE - EB - 2 plugs
6. sandiego_tib - 2005 - Sterling Silver
7. Mr Donnelly - Quick Silver

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
About the chrome I'm not sure. I coudl do chrome but it would most likely be priced a little higher since chrome paint is about 10x more expensive then regular automotive paint. For example a gal of chrome is like 1400 dollars...

·
Premium Member
1,447 Posts
maybe one day i can meet with him if he wants to do accents. ill gladly be a test car. though i only have manual locks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'll look into the accent. If theres a good amount of interest I'll start it for those :D. If they have the same key hole assembly holes as the tiburon then hands down I'd be able to do it at the same time as the tiburon. If not then I have to order seperate pieces to make the molds. Like I said if theres enough interest then I can do it :D

Sorry for not responding sooner guys! I'll look into it :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
About the chrome I'm not sure. I coudl do chrome but it would most likely be priced a little higher since chrome paint is about 10x more expensive then regular automotive paint. For example a gal of chrome is like 1400 dollars...
a lot of people have the chrome handles. as do i.

i would like a set in chrome

1 - 20 of 20 Posts