Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A good friend of mine owns this company

massive - performance brakes exclusively for BMWs

He has been making these brake sets for BMWs and they have been proven to work really well. I spoke with him at the track today and he is willing to help us out if I provide him with a spindle to use.

Our only real concern is the market for this type of brake system on an Accent is some what limited. The cost will be around 700$ for a kit

The benefit to using a light caliper and a 2 piece rotor is simple. Less unsprung wieght which improves handling. This system will probaly not weight anymore then a stock Accent system.

This kit will be 100% bolt on and will not require swapping of spindles and bolt patterns

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I am interested but honestly it would depend on my free cash at the time whether or not I could make the investment. I feel that brakes are the number one priority on the Accent now, and this would be good and the price is fair. If I have the cash I would certainly want a kit, but like I said it is dependent on that after buying a house and a new car spare cash is a bit hard to come by.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The testing would be done on my car and only after I felt they are up to the job would kits go on sale.

I'd like 5 sets mininum, if I don't get that i'll just keep the kit for myself

·
Registered
508 Posts
bbk for lc and lc2 cool, will it be 4x100 ??? rear disk too???

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
anthonyfa18 said:
bbk for lc and lc2 cool, will it be 4x100 ??? rear disk too???
No rear disk yet.. lets worry about the front first.

I spoke with my friend. Measurements will be taken tommorow. Yes it will be 4x100 but you will need either 15" or 16" wheels to allow for caliper clearance.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Im down...just one question...could we get the clipers painted? heh heh

1 - 6 of 6 Posts