Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

You guys may know that your tireron shares a gearbox with the 3.5 litre maxima, well I am trying to build up my nissan car and I am trying to find the gearbox ratios and choices for final ratios. Any posts saying one or another car is better/worse will be ignored as I am trying to research which gearbox to source for a car I know quite well.

here is the manufactures website:
http://www.aichikikai.co.jp/english/index.html

select transmissions and look up the MFA60...

Mike 8D

[Edited by NissanLover on Nov 25, 2005 7:25 AM]

·
Registered
392 Posts
whats a tireron?

·
Registered
8,316 Posts
What exactly is your question?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, I see the transmission, but I don't see the Maxima listed there as having it. It lists the Altima, Sentra, and X-Trail. Still need to clarify your question(s) though.

·
Registered
256 Posts
well not to burst your bubble but you must not know your car very well the 3.5 will not fit that transmission but i know that the 2.5 will.
but i will still tell you the gearing anyway
1st-3.15-:1 2nd-1.94:1 3rd-1.33:1 4th-1.06:1 5th-0.86:1 6th-0.70:1 with a final drive of 4.43:1 and a open diff

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi, Well thats one confirmed for the other makes.

I have the full service manuals for a range of nissans, and yes the maxima DOES share the same gearbox as the spec-V, but it is just an option to have 6 spd manual.

My preliminary investigation reveals 7 final drive ratios, 5 first gears, 4 second gears, 6 third gears, 5 fifth gears, and 6 sixth gears, some of those may well be mis-information, and I know from the smaller 5 spd that there can be incompatible sizes internally that may not interchange. The idea is to eventually build up a list of interchangeable ratios so that we can get the best out of our chosen engine and match to whatever power we are getting. A 9k screamer needs different ratios to a 6K torque monster.

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts