Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
are there any on this board??? ive been seeing them outside the dealership (i work at an auto mall and hyundai just happens to be right next door) and they look pretty nice, i hevent seen a coupe yet though. just wondered how satisfied any owners have been, problems etc...

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
I don't own one but it was tough leaving the lot without it after my test drive. I highly recommend taking one for a spin. I'm waiting on the Coupe though. I might test drive a V8 sedan though too.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i see. didnt know that the coupe wasnt out till 2010.

i would be interested in the v8 sedan anyway... maybe ill take one out but i wont be in the market till around the end of winter anyway.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i see. didnt know that the coupe wasnt out till 2010.

i would be interested in the v8 sedan anyway... maybe ill take one out but i wont be in the market till around the end of winter anyway.
The local dealership around here has a real nice black Genesis sedan out front. I would go take it for a test drive, but I think I'm gonna try another dealership for that because I'm having all sorts of problems with this one over warranty work on my transmission.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The '10 Genesis does not come out unitl Feb. 2009. Does anyone know if the genesis coupe is replacing the tiburon?

·
Registered
6,117 Posts
The '10 Genesis does not come out unitl Feb. 2009. Does anyone know if the genesis coupe is replacing the tiburon?
The V6 sedan is out now. V8 sedans come out sometime before the end of the year. Coupes come out in the beginning of '09. The current Tiburon isn't going away until at least Spring '10. They are introducing a new Tiburon in Korea next year. They haven't decided if the new Tiburon will be sold here.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Nice to see another Austin owner with one. I only got the 2.0t but should be matching the V6 power in the coming months. Exhaust, intake, and retune are getting the Koren ones up to about 250whp and 270 ft.lbs. I'm liking it more than my Integra already. Now I just have to fix my integra and sell it so I can get some stuff for mine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought the 2.0T last week and it has blown my mind. My last Hyundai was a 93 Scoupe about 5 years ago so I don't think I can offer much of a comparison. All in all it is a wonderful ride and a joy to drive.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Time flies... coupes are all over the dealers by me (St Louis). Too rich for my blood. hehe

·
Registered
502 Posts
i use to work at a hyundai dealer ship in los angeles CA
those genesis sedans are the ****!

I took a fully loaded V8 and right as another dealer was demonstrating the civic SI I gunned it and spun the car to get my driver side window by the customer, funny ****. he left the SI test drive before he even drove it, because I picked him up!

tho by the end of demonstrating the car he ended up saying "but its still a Hyundai and im not paying that much for a Hyundai" and walked back over to honda.
I was green in car sales at that time.
ima move back to cali and try and get that job back

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey guys I picked up a silver 2.0T track a few days ago. Awesome car so far. I originally wanted a base 3.8 in black, but this car will be much rarer. It has more technology than I know what to do with at this point. My only complaints are a stiff ride on bumpy roads. It has decent power, but could always use a little bump in hp for when I pull up alongside a Camaro V6. I can't go too excessive because I got a lease, but some bolt-ons and maybe a tune should wake it up I hear.

·
Registered
502 Posts
yup!
bolt on turbo upgrate, bolt on FMIC, and bolt on exhaust
with a tune should put you somewhere over 300WHP

technicaly people can get into 400whp with "bolt ons" so you might want to specify next time :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
With bolt-ons, I was referring to intake, exhaust, header and the like. I guess technically a turbo would be, but I consider that more an upgrade. Buscher Racing has done full bolt-ons including I/E, downpipe, intercooler and injectors for just over $3k and "only" have 204hp to the wheels. That's about 25hp over stock and way more than I want to spend, but that's without any tune whatsoever.
In contrast, PowerAxel just came out with a reflash that is supposed to give about a 20-30hp gain for around $500 or so. That sounds more like it for me as I have a lease and don't intend on racing. I'm sure the Buscher people will make quite a bit more when they have theirs tuned though.
btw, there are reports that the engine is only "safe" for around 300whp on the stock internals as a few motors have already blown up when only in the 340-350whp range. Kind of disappointing, but it looks like its gonna cost a lot of money to build the engine, upgrade the turbo, FMIC, injectors, tuning, pipes, ect. if you want to get close to the 400hp mark...

·
Registered
502 Posts
btw, there are reports that the engine is only "safe" for around 300whp on the stock internals as a few motors have already blown up when only in the 340-350whp range. Kind of disappointing, but it looks like its gonna cost a lot of money to build the engine, upgrade the turbo, FMIC, injectors, tuning, pipes, ect. if you want to get close to the 400hp mark...
well the difference between the EvoX 4b11t and the Genesis 4b11t block is that the internals are sand casted in the Hyundai to keep price down.
so I dont think they are supposed to handle over 300whp with no internal modding. luckaly EvoX parts work inside the Genesis engine.
other then that its always cheaper to fabricate exhaust and intake parts, even paying somebody to do it is still cheaper then buying from tuner sites.

i heard tuning shops can reflash the ecu too, but i will need to research this more.

some guy hit 368whp on youtube with just a turbo swap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
i heard tuning shops can reflash the ecu too, but i will need to research this more.

some guy hit 368whp on youtube with just a turbo swap.
That may be the one that blew up... Anyway there is one tune available now that is supposed to bump up power by 20-30hp depending on grade of gas you use. I'm not sure about the torque, but that should go up at least the same amount. That does'nt sound like a whole lot, but not bad I guess for no other modifications. There was also a guy who got an CBE and the tune and his numbers were like 234whp and 260 torque which is a pretty decent bump over stock. I think I'm gonna wait awhile and do more research as I would'nt want to have it tuned and then have to get it tuned again if I do other mods. I'm not sure if you can do that with that tune or not?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts