Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1997 Tiburon FX 1.8L, 4 CYL, 5 spd, Im trying to get to my engines inner workings to see whats going on in there. I removed the simple plastic cover, now I cannot seem to remove the next layer of plastic covering the head of the engine. The one that the fuel rail is bolted onto, and where the spark plug tops are covered by the spark plug wires. I cannot get to it! Im afraid if I pry too much that there might be a gasket of some sort and will cost me money to cover the head of the engine back up. Could somebody offer some help? Just trying to inspect the cam and lifters.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Grab yourself a haynes manual. You'll thank yourself a ton later. Also, do you know about hyundai webtech yet? Hyundai Service Website and try Bugmenot.com - login with these free web passwords to bypass compulsory registration to get a username/password if you don't feel like registering.

Anyhow, as far as I know you just unbolt all the bolts at the edges then pry it up with something that won't gouge stuff, as it's got a gasket to seal the edges and will likely be a bit sticky. I'll probably have to do that myself in a bit as I think the gasket is getting old and leaking at this point.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts