Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I sold out on Elantra... mistake No.1 as I had a LOAD of fun in it. Pure addrenalin mixed with speed and power second to none. Handling and braking that matched those of circuit and track cars....

So what is next for me...the GETZ..1400cc of intimidating...well...less intimidating aggression but quite a bit of styling that could get better with a couple of mods.

At first hesitant to sell the Elantra but when you spend 3 days tuning and setting for one days racing, things get a bit much...specially when you pay thru your OWN pocket for it.

So now its Getz... smaller, nimbler, undoubtedly a Hyundai from the sound of the engine to the driving "feel" ...

Updated Pics with lowering adn Sound Install with DVD

[

NOw lowered with a JAMEX kit 35mm drop. The handling is now that of a go cart... hardly any body roll... corners like its on rails and brakes better than before as well...!!!!!

YUMMY...!!!8D:evil::evil::evil:

[Edited by lostbuoy on Jun 19, 2006 2:19 AM]

·
Registered
86 Posts
u got rid of a turbo elantra for this? lol why?

and screw the warranty, mod that sucka

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I love those. What color are the rims?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx ..:)

At the moment the warranty is king until I feel the car is right, so say after 20000Kilometers, the mods will begin. Just to carry the cost if something happens now wont be good..

The Elantra just got too old to maintain and literally was taking up ALL of my time...having an 18month old daughter comes first youknow...AFTER the car...lol..jokes:lol:

but yeah... I will drop it in a couple of months time... I agree... it will look good!!

The mags are a bronze sort of colour... kinda like the subaru *spit* mags but al ot darker as you can see... but not to clearly...

But for sure!...a Turbo it WILL be...

[Edited by lostbuoy on Mar 2, 2006 3:14 AM]

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Here is a quote from the Turbo Bible (Maximum Boost) about your warranty...

What are the warranty implications of installing a turbo in a new automobile?

All factory warranty on the drive train components will be voided. There are, however, several circumstances to consider. You can purchase an aftermarket warranty to cover your vehicle for all non-turbo-induced or -related problems. It is currently in vogue to sell these policies w/ turbo systems under the intended misconception that your drive train is warranted against "turbo-induced" failures. Not So.
If one breaks his turbo engine, it is not going to be paid for by anyone's warranty----exactly the same situations as waiting until the factory warranty expires and than adding the turbo. Which means that waiting out the factory warranty before installing a turbo accomplishes nothing except insuring that the mechanism is 1/3 use up pre-turbo. Furthermore, it eliminates the fun of ever owning a nice new automobile with enhanced power. It is rare for a modern auto to have an engine/drive train problem w/in the warranty duration. Those problems that do appear are generally minor and will likely cost under 100 dollars to repair. To preserve the warranty for many thousands of miles to avoid a possible 100.00 component failure rather than enjoying the extra performance seems to me the poorer choice. To assuage your concerns, call the cars maker's regional office and discuss w/ a service rep the areas of the drive train that have been a warranty problem.

All hand written form the book.. hope you take this into consideration.. =)

Maximum Boost by Corky Bell page 21-22

p.s you should resize your pictures.. holy 56k batman

[Edited by ftwvampftw on Mar 5, 2006 7:46 PM]

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanx for the input..

the guys here in south africa are so sticky with warranties and stuff, i cant even put on a performance exhaust without voiding the warranty. Also if I change the headlight globes to anything other than standard, warranty void...
Also they already looking at the car starnge due to the 17" wheels I got on now... the fact that it didnt go thru Hyundai themselves to fit the 17's on, has potential to void warranty... basically ANYTHING other than standard on the car can void warranty...

Its like livig in Hyjndai prison..cept you got a car and freedom of the road, but cant do anything with it...

So my decision is made.... 20 000Km's and its turboed...warranty or no warranty

Grant

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
UPDATED with new pics.

ICE install as well..

JVC Header DVD6101
PYLE 7" Screen
4 x 200W JVC Midrange door speakers
1 x 1000W Infinity Sub
1 x ICE Power 1200W Amp

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Love the rims :)

Looks like a Peugeot in the 3rd pic.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah I been told that it looks like the peugeot... specially the headlights...Hyundai went for more of a "european" look in the 2006 GetZ... it worked.

But overall... the car is still not bad looking and has a lot of potential. specially in the space for additional "air pumps" ;): or commonly known as a turbo..hehe..:devious:

Grant:

[Edited by lostbuoy on Apr 15, 2006 11:24 AM]

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
That looks realllllly hot. Like freakin' amazing. I kinda wish they sold those here in the States...

And I agree...turbo the friggin' hell out of it...muahaha.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah ,.. I worked out to turbo the car myself will cost me in the region of only $1000US... whereas if i bought a kit from somewhere that has one or have a kit made.. it would cost around the region of 4 to $5000....

So it makes sense to do it myself... the internet has enuff info on it and combined with my experience from my Turbo'd Elantra... shouldt be too difficult.

Anyway.. that comes a bit later..unfortunately...

Grant

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got another 2 screens for DVD playback..... *ahem*...for the KIDS..!!:nervous:

Also slammed the car a bit..er..lowered it somewhat... the ride and handling now is similar to that of a go-cart...

Its one of the "better" looking GetZ's I have seen around town. Also with the best quality sound and Mobile Visual Entertainment.

another

[Edited by lostbuoy on May 29, 2006 4:52 AM]

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Top post update....

pics..

[Edited by lostbuoy on Jun 15, 2006 5:26 AM]

·
Registered
3,999 Posts