Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

GK seats + LC looks Sweet!

6K views 42 replies 22 participants last post by  berserko 
#1 ·
Check it!

I used the original bolt hole with a longer bolt, spaced it up and drilled the peg hole bigger for tibby seats to fit.

This is a new hole that I tapped but it is not very strong there. I reused the accent bolt here. Also this side sits up on a hump, thats why the other side is spaced up.

Drilled a new hole all the way through the car and bolted the bracket to the car, made my mark where the seat was sitting, drilled, tapped, done. Reuse accent bolts here 10mm 1.25 tap is needed, use a 8.8mm bit to drill.

[Edited by DREROB on Feb 14, 2006 8:42 AM]

See less See more
#3 ·
After I finish my rear brake caliper brackets I am goint to try and put the rear seats from a tibby in to match and go with some black floor mats, plus my seats have grey on them so they match up better then the leather GK seats.

#8 ·
Ok here is a pic with some morning light

#9 ·
On the holes you tapped -

Lengthen the bolts. Then from underneath, make some 1/8 thick steel backing plates to keep the seat from coming out durring a crash. Run these over the longer bolt and add two nuts to hold the plate to the floor of the car. You'll feel better.

[Edited by Gimp on Feb 14, 2006 10:04 AM]

#10 ·
These seats are going nowere, The 2 bolts that go all the way through the car have a spacer, lock washer, lock nut and a plate so if that goes through the car in a wreck it's probly not one I will survive. The brackets are 3/8 inch steel so They will hold.

#11 ·
Originally posted by DREROB
[body]

[/body]
Hholy...Effing...OMG!!!!!

those are awesome. no offence to ryanolsen, but I like those cloth ones in the Accent a LOT better then the leather ones.

AWEOSME job. MORE PICS!!!!!!!!!!! :D

#13 ·
me + 6 beers in an hour = misspelling :??:

#15 ·
prolly not any harder the my car I would imagine

#17 ·
Rob bought them from me, And no i dont have anymore LOL.

#18 ·
Originally posted by ThaSilvaL
[body]
those look really good how much did u pay for the pair?
[/body]
Got them for $200 thanks to ^^this guy^^

#19 ·
Ya after I paid 400 for em and wanted em in my car but realized i got side airbags and im not hackin up an SRS harness. so i sold em to rob for 200 and recouped at least half my money. But it worked out cause he helped me clear my headlight corners.

#22 ·
Mike when ya gonna buy my rims and tires. Still sittin at $75 a piece mang. Hit me up on my cell (707) 718-5024.

#23 ·
Originally posted by bvtmattyc
[body]
Originally posted by DREROB
[body]

[/body]
Hholy...Effing...OMG!!!!!

those are awesome. no offence to ryanolsen, but I like those cloth ones in the Accent a LOT better then the leather ones.

AWEOSME job. MORE PICS!!!!!!!!!!! :D
[/body]
If you think the seats are cool, you aint seen nothin you need to check out his beta swap. Frikkin nuts dude and loud as hell. Sorry for the double post im just so happy.X)

#25 ·
Yeah I agree...IMO those look nicer than the leather seats...but that's just cause I'd rather have the cloth to match the rest of the interior lol.

Do the GK seats have the side-impact airbags/SRS also, and the harness just doesn't match with the Accent's harness? Or do they not have the airbags/SRS period?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.