Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I raced my buddys 2004 LC2 last night with my 2005 GT. I think the GT does have more horsepower then the stock GLS. We both have automatics and my car smoked his and hes got exhaust on his too. Can anyone verify the specs for the GT for me or is hyundai downplaying it.

·
Registered
6,330 Posts
uhh..no the GT Accent has the same horsepower as the Accent GS or the 1.6L G4ED alpha..
104Horsepower....

i think the GT's are a bit tad slower because of some added weight to them..

and accent's don't have GLS trims..Only GS AND GL..
GL..Sedan
GS Hatchback

my bare bone's 1.6L manual will smoke a stock manual accent any day.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats weird cause it says GLS on the website. We where both WOT and i smoked him. No clue maybe his cars crappy cause it older (like one year matters).

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
same exact motor, same exact transmition, almost the same car with the exception of "Sport tuned suspension setup" on the GT, Fog lights, and some exterior moulding & interior extras

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok then his car is a POS. Cause i was like 2 car lengths ahead of him at 95.

·
Registered
13,145 Posts
One issue I've seen with the Alpha is manufacturing inconsistencies. There is a significant difference in output sometimes between one motor and another. The GT's don't get anything special under the hood though. Maybe he got a 'bad' one or you got a 'good' one. I'm not sure if it's IM casting roughness or what, but cars that should be pretty much the same speed can vary by a lot. My Accent GT is about as much faster as you describe than my friend's base model LC2. I have big heavy wheels, a sub box in the back, power d/l and windows, and he's stock and doesn't even have a rear wiper, so ultra light. His car is way slower than mine for no real reason. I should also mention though that I have been beaten by stock base models though.

Does your friend have heavy wheels? I know those slowed me down.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope hes rollin on steelies with no hubcaps

1 - 7 of 7 Posts