Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I cant get the 1.5 to work right, it going away. The hell with it!!!!:mad:

Im looking at gathering parts for the swap
I forget off the top of my head what year will work for the best, do you know?
I also plan to use my 1.5 tranny. Also my clutch if it will fit, but not sure, do you know if it wil fit?
I am going to get the motor at the junk yard. I know i am going to replace the water pump, anything else i should replace?
I also was going to buy a motor mount of betaswapshop and i know you have to slot the other motor mouts for best fit.
And i need to get a 1.6 ecu.
I think that should cover everything. Did I cover it all?

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wires wires wires. if you have a 1.5 you're going to need a plan for re wiring.
The 1.5 and 1.6 have about the same pin out. Except the maf sensor. I would have to rewire that and should be good to go. Maybe also have to extend some sensors! what do you think i need to re wire?

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
depends on the year but on mine, none of the accent wires mated up tot he beta engine, i spliced and rewired, and the fuses were just all wrong. it didn't work like i thought, so i'd try and get the appropriate wiring harness if you can.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car is a 02. So if I get a ecu from a 1.6 02 the pin out should be the same and should work just fine. except for the rewiring of the maf to the map.. that should be the only diff between the two ecus...

·
Registered
124 Posts
This is just a thought, why don't you just get a beta 1 maf based engine and let the 1.5 ecu run it or am I missing something? This would save some time initially.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
no. the 1.5 ECU doesn't have the right fuel curves so your Beta wouldn't run like it should

·
Registered
124 Posts
I've had a beta ecu running my 1.5 sohc alpha and it ran pretty good so I figured the 1.5 ecu would run the beta just as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts