Hyundai Forum: Hyundai Performance Forum banner

good news and bad news

1K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  Hook 
#1 ·
good news- the tran stopped leaking!!! wooo!!! all fixed!!!! super stoked about that.

bad news- wicked humming noise coming from the front left tire...heres the details.
- when im on the highway, wend i let of the gas the humming starts
- when im on the gas, if i slightly turn my wheel to the left, it wakes the noise.
- i don't know if its my imagination but it also seem like my car sounds deeper.

i was thinking bearings. im not the expert tho:/

#2 ·
It does sound like a wheel bearing! the only thing that is keeping me from saying no to that though is normally a wheel bearing will hum if you pick up speed, it will stop when your slowing down to a stop or if your turning the opposite direction of the wheel its on (if its the left front and your turning to the right it will stop) I would still get that checked out cuz for the most part it does sound like a bearing!!

#4 ·
LOL!! That seems like an easier way to determine that!! LOL!

#7 ·
Does it only happen at certain speeds or all the time?
If it is only happens from 45-55mph then it could be as simple as a tire out of balance.

#9 ·
If the bearing doesn't appear to be bad, try rotating the tires and see if anything changes

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.